November 27, 20196 yr What is everyone's thoughts on him as a head coach so far? I know obviously being winless doesn't help one bit. However if we remember the things we complained about with Lewis. His game management, clock management, how conservative he always was. I feel like Taylor has done a pretty good job in those areas this year for the most part. Not to mention I feel like Taylor still has the players playing hard for him. If Marvin was still here they may not be winless but I also don't think they have anymore wins than maybe 1 or 2. Lewis wasn't winning either with Green being out all year and the roster the way it is. Only difference would be is he never makes a qb change. So Dalton probably never gets benched and maybe win one these last 2 weeks. So for me as a head coach I am not to down on him yet, as I do think he has done some decent things as a coach working with what he has. However, as an offensive coordinator I think he has not done well at all. Which that would be my biggest complaint about him. Not having Green hurts and this offense wasn't going to be anything special with a bad line, average qb, and not having Green. What I haven't liked is he hasn't adjusted to his personnel. You see the best coordinators adjust to what they have. He has tried to fit a system in from the Rams with the 11 personnel to a team that doesn't have that personnel. With the current roster the way it is. TEs and RBs are their strongest group. Yet they don't involve either in the passing game. As a play caller I think he has struggled. Which i know it is a small sample size but his few games as the OC with the Dolphins wasn't good, and his offense at UC was not either. So I am interested to see if he can do what good head coaches do and recognize that weak area in the off season. Which that weak area is him being the play caller here, and how they may be better off having someone else call the plays.
November 27, 20196 yr Dare I say it......I agree with you. :scared: I know, right? :lol2: Especially agree with the part about not being able to adjust his play calling to his current personnel.
November 27, 20196 yr I also agree about being disappointed with him as offensive coordinator. The biggest red flag for me on Taylor is he doesn't throw to his TE, yet he spent a second round pick on a TE. That makes him look clueless on the big picture vision to me.
November 28, 20196 yr I also agree about being disappointed with him as offensive coordinator. The biggest red flag for me on Taylor is he doesn't throw to his TE, yet he spent a second round pick on a TE. That makes him look clueless on the big picture vision to me. Yes on all this, especially the TE part.
November 28, 20196 yr Author I also agree about being disappointed with him as offensive coordinator. The biggest red flag for me on Taylor is he doesn't throw to his TE, yet he spent a second round pick on a TE. That makes him look clueless on the big picture vision to me. Yes that pick still makes zero sense. When they made that pick, I thought that meant we would be seeing a lot of two TE sets and running the ball. Yet that has not been the case at all. 90 percent of the time in 11 personnel with only 1 TE in. Then with the injuries at WR, you would have thought he would at least be forced to use the TEs more and that still didn't happen.
December 2, 20196 yr Author After the win yesterday, and seeing again how hard the players play for him. Then some of their comments after the game too. One player even said this is the closest team he has ever played on. So I do think coach Taylor has a good idea on how to try to build a team and have the right culture. His play calling is still my biggest concern with him at this time.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.