Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tua undergoes Trapeze surgery for high ankle sprain

Featured Replies

Alabama's QB Tua underwent a relatively state of the art surgery today to a 2nd degree high ankle sprain suffered in the 2nd qtr Sat. against Tennessee. The surgery entails drilling into both lower leg bones and running wires(?) that are tightened to diminish the torgue/splaying apart of the tibia and fibia bones when the connecting ligaments are strained as lateral cuts are made. He underwent the same surgery on the opposite ankle last year when 28 days recovery allowed him to play in the championship playoff series. He said afterward he was 80-85% healed. The timing of this surgery leaves him 20 days to heal for the critical LSU game.

 

Has Coach Saban put Alabama's goals ahead of Tua's longterm health? Or, has Saban simply positioned the best case scenario as a possibility and the final decision will be made later? I personally think it is the latter, but I am troubled that Tua says he was only 80+% healthy last year in the playoffs.

Cost Jonathon Cooper 4 games at OSU this year. He’s a defensive end, granted no position on the field can really escape needing a healthy ankle.

I believe it's a Tight Rope procedure not Trapeze procedure.

I believe it's a Tight Rope procedure not Trapeze procedure.

 

I was reading an article a doctor wrote and said it’s debatable if it’s even necessary right now. Sounds like it’s not the norm and might be coming on as an exploratory shortcut.

Edited by John Anthony

Bama insurance is good.

  • Author
I believe it's a Tight Rope procedure not Trapeze procedure.

 

Tightrope is the name fore sure. Have no idea how I converted that to trapeze. Age?

Tightrope is the name fore sure. Have no idea how I converted that to trapeze. Age?

 

Sounds more exciting.

Tightrope is the name fore sure. Have no idea how I converted that to trapeze. Age?

 

Seems like you have circus on your mind.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.