2007 Class and District Alignments

Jumper_Dad

Class A football will be a joke now with this new realignment. Beechwood and Mayfield will have to play in the semis instead of the finals. That is horrible.

Yeah I agree, but look at it this way you each really only have the other one to worry about. I would guess that if the alignments stay this way that you two would win 80% of the titles, maybe 2 out of 10 will come out of the East.

District 1 - 4 have teams that haven't tasted success in a long time.

With this in mind, it would appear that the lower half (East?) bracket is loaded with traditional 3-A powerhouse teams. Rockcastle County, Bell County, Boyle County, Lexington Catholic. It would appear that in any given year these teams were in the top ten in state in 3-A. Now in new brackets and classes, they will possibly be in top 5 in state in 4-A.....yet they will have to slug it out playoff time and could eliminate possibly two of the best teams before they get out of districts and regions. Winner of these brackets should be favored for state title IMO.

I don't know about everyone else, but with the new class system, has the KHSAA made the # of state championships given to public and privates more even? Honestly, I don't see more than 3 championship trophies given out to each class going to privates.

I applaud the KHSAA on how they have divided up the districts, I think it creates some really interesting football and has preserved some of the great district matchups.

Just curious. Why are teams allowed to move up in class? Is it fair that a smaller school with a good football team be allowed to move up to a district with less talent than the smaller district the team is moving from. How do the new alignments affect the All A tournament?