Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pretty Cool Article on Coach Beatty

Featured Replies

It is a great article. Not as interesting as Fox41's Kyle Draper saying that this may be Coach Beatty's last season at Trinity.:eek:

  • Author

It was actually on WHAS 11.

 

It was also mentioned by another gentleman on the news and I made the same comment. Coach Beatty didn't have much of a poker face when asked that question. (If this would be his last season at Trinity.)

He made a point in the article about the fans and students. That being a part of Trinity is a way of life. I believe that. I have always said that is one of the reasons for the success of the parochial schools and Male. These kids in those programs come out of the womb knowing who and what they love. They start kindergarten knowing they are destined for that particular school if they stay on track. Then those that haven't been in the system are brought in and are held to the same standard of excellence.

He made a point in the article about the fans and students. That being a part of Trinity is a way of life. I believe that. I have always said that is one of the reasons for the success of the parochial schools and Male. These kids in those programs come out of the womb knowing who and what they love. They start kindergarten knowing they are destined for that particular school if they stay on track. Then those that haven't been in the system are brought in and are held to the same standard of excellence.

 

 

Those who aren`t in the system, stay out of the system.

I read the article this am. Missed the news last night wrt the question about this being Beatty's last game. I think Beatty has done an excellent job at Trinity. Given the internal pressure from AD, administration as well as the pressure from the alumni, he has delt with this very well. He is paid to win ball games and he produces. His record speaks for itself. In todays article and past articles, he always references the pressure and the feelings of communication he recieves from the Trinity community after a big loss (there has not been many...). I did not see the news, so Im not sure what was communicated. I would not be surprised if he choose to stepdown. He is on top and his record will NOT be matched, anywhere....... Pressure is good for a short period, but at that level for an extended period, tends to wear on the soul. Could he be succesful at Trinity for the next 10 years, No question. This job epotimises the "just win baby" philosophy and its not made out for just any coach. It takes a special individual and he is to be reconized for his efforts and contributions. Coach Servino found out that it was not his cup of tea... I would imagine that a few departures from the championship game in next few years may start some grumbling on Shelbyville Road. I dont see this happening. Dennis, give him a nice pay raise and everybody is happy. Hey, division one coaches make more that university presidents, so why not...? At Trinity, football is king and the AD needs to keep the community happy....

Those who aren`t in the system, stay out of the system.

 

Why the hostility? Just trying to show the expectation of excellence that comes with being associated with Trinity, X and Male. I'm sure you don't mean that those outside of the parochial system should stay out. If that were the case then Tayshawn McBroom, Blaine Donnell,Steve Orndorff,Donald Barnett and countless others would not have benefited from the Trinity experience.

Why the hostility? Just trying to show the expectation of excellence that comes with being associated with Trinity, X and Male. I'm sure you don't mean that those outside of the parochial system should stay out. If that were the case then Tayshawn McBroom, Blaine Donnell,Steve Orndorff,Donald Barnett and countless others would not have benefited from the Trinity experience.

 

Hostility?? none at all.

It was actually on WHAS 11.

 

It was also mentioned by another gentleman on the news and I made the same comment. Coach Beatty didn't have much of a poker face when asked that question. (If this would be his last season at Trinity.)

 

He sure did his best to sidestep the question.

It was actually on WHAS 11.

 

It was also mentioned by another gentleman on the news and I made the same comment. Coach Beatty didn't have much of a poker face when asked that question. (If this would be his last season at Trinity.)

I think that he's hinted at it a time or two...and there's not a ton left he can do...I also have this feeling that he doesn't necessarily feel like one upping Coach Lampley (5 state titles)....add to that the fact, that I think our next head coach is currently on the staff...it just may be.

Given the internal pressure from AD, administration as well as the pressure from the alumni, he has delt with this very well.

I don't think that Beatty has ever faced more pressure than the week leading to Male -vs- Trinity II, after they had blown us out the year before.

Nothing else to prove, time to move on.

Why wouldn't he stay? With the new 6-A coming about, Beatty has the opportunity to be a state champion coach in two different classes. They will be in the same district which a basically a cakewalk through to the 3rd round for them. I say he stays to have the opportunity to win a title in the new 6-A.

Beatty was as open here as I can ever remember. And it does seem like he's been through a lot of hard times off the field. Amazing with all that happening that he can have the focus it seems he has - then again he said here his father's death made him work harder.

 

As far as him staying, did I miss something. There wasn't anything in the Fox-41 clip that alluded to him staying or going?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.