Wolfe 60 Jackson City 91

The tigers and new coach hall gets their first win of the season over wolfe county 91-60. The only stat i know is that Junior Drew Davidson lit up the gym with 37 im pretty sure, good win tigers!!

Maybe you can edit the post to say Jackson city 91 Wolfe 60.Will be confusing looking at it like this.

The biggest point in the gamne was in the third quarter when watkins kilburn and davidson all three went out with 4 fouls and the tigers put a run together and built a lead and when the three players came back in to start the fourth they put the wolves away. If jackson plays like this every game they could be hard to beat.

Congrats to coach hall and the tigers

Good job by the Tigers. Hopefully, they can win their district again this year and make it two in a row. I knew Davidson was a good player, but 37 on opening night is impressive. I can't wait to watch this kid play, he might be the most underrated player in the region.

wolfe county plays about 12-14 guys. They run until they can't run no more, they will play hard and get better every game. I heard this was an 8 pt game towards the end of the 3rd quarter, then a few turnovers turned it into a blow out. With wolfe being weaker this year and jackson not really playing well against them, i wouldn't jump on the champs of the district band wagon just yet. Breathitt will definitely have something to say about that. Can't wait for that game.

I saw the game last night. Wolfe Co. had no inside game ( either offense or defense ) and had numerous turnovers. Many times Jackson got 3 shots and often as many as five or six attempts at the basket on each offensive possession. Wolfe seldom got more than one shot and often none. If they continue to play the way they played last night I'm afraid Jackson's season won't be as good as many of you seem to think. I'm sure they will probably do well in their district, which is both small and somewhat weak this year, but I think they may be in trouble when they step outside the district against stronger and more skilled teams. I guess time will tell!

By the way, Wolfe played the majority of the time with mostly inexperienced freshmen and sophomores.

I saw the game last night. Wolfe Co. had no inside game ( either offense or defense ) and had numerous turnovers. Many times Jackson got 3 shots and often as many as five or six attempts at the basket on each offensive possession. Wolfe seldom got more than one shot and often none. If they continue to play the way they played last night I'm afraid Jackson's season won't be as good as many of you seem to think. I'm sure they will probably do well in their district, which is both small and somewhat weak this year, but I think they may be in trouble when they step outside the district against stronger and more skilled teams. I guess time will tell!

By the way, Wolfe played the majority of the time with mostly inexperienced freshmen and sophomores.

I agree that Jackson might struggle a little bit when they play out of their district, but I still would like to see them win two district championships in a row (I don't know if they have ever done that). I see them being up and down for a while, due to the fact that they lost Coach Lively and two of the best players in the region last year. But give them time and I'm sure they will be a darkhorse near the end of the season. :thumb:

I listened to this game and I was suprised that Coach Creech sub 4 and 5 players at a time. Even the play by play guys had trouble keeping up with the players. It is hard to get consistency playing that many players. I guess Wolfe is going to try to run other teams out.

Congrats to Coach Hall and the Tigers. They could be a suprise team this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I do agree with you about JAckson struggling a little outside of district. But isnt this the exact same lecture everyone was giving last year?