Mason County 102 St. Patrick 38

mcpapa

Miller 15, Middleton 15, Scott 13, Setty 11, King 10, Pawsat 9, Thompson 8 (I think), Browning 7, Tolle 5; pretty much everyone cracked the scoring column for the Royals. Nice to see Stahl on the floor for the Royals as well; the wrist didn't seem to bother him too much at all. Mason County hit something like 11 of 25 threes for the game. St. Patrick led by Nick Anderson with 12, Owens held to 6.

Great start for the Royals who looked every bit of a top 5 team tonight .Millers Dunk down the lane posterized the St.Pat kid.St.Pat played hard but was just out maned tonight.They will be a fine team and will compete for the all A.Starters didn't play past the mid way point in the 3rd period.Was nice to see Coach Bruce Pearl there for the whole ballgame,Now on to Scott High Saturday nite in Covington.Good luck to Coach Hinson and his team the rest of the season and don't underestimate them.

They shouldn't have pounded the St.Pat kids so bad.Forty would have been plenty.

Believe me the bench was cleared the whole 4th and half of the 3rd i dont know who else could have played,We let Our JV play when they should have.They didnt press then either.Our starters didnt see maybe 12-14 minutes the whole game.

Here we go again. Anytime Mason County pounds someone, they should have taken it easy, they have no class, etc.

While mhighfield may not be exact on his playing time for the starters, he's pretty close - maybe 16 minutes at most. And this at a game with Bruce Pearl in attendance - Darius Miller could have scored 40 at the tempo at which the game was played (see below) had he and Coach O'Hearn decided to go that route.

And let's give St. Pat's coach some credit; and some responsibility for the score as well. To his credit, he let his kids play. This early in the season you want to find out what you have, and letting the air out of the ball doesn't necessarily do that for you. Late in the season, and especially at tournament time, I sincerely doubt that if St. Pat is in a game against superior athletes that he will play the same style as last night. But last night he let his kids run and shoot, and the score is reflective of that. Had St. Pat been worried about either the margin of defeat or the number of points Mason County would score, they could have played at a different tempo.

Last year's season opener was Mason County 61, St. Pat 20. The game was slower-paced, yet the Royals tripled the score on St. Pat and won by 41. Would this have been "more acceptable"?

Maybe Kentucky will change the rules and implement a running clock, or play 4 on 5 when the point differential gets past 40.

Here we go again. Anytime Mason County pounds someone, they should have taken it easy, they have no class, etc.

While mhighfield may not be exact on his playing time for the starters, he's pretty close - maybe 16 minutes at most. And this at a game with Bruce Pearl in attendance - Darius Miller could have scored 40 at the tempo at which the game was played (see below) had he and Coach O'Hearn decided to go that route.

And let's give St. Pat's coach some credit; and some responsibility for the score as well. To his credit, he let his kids play. This early in the season you want to find out what you have, and letting the air out of the ball doesn't necessarily do that for you. Late in the season, and especially at tournament time, I sincerely doubt that if St. Pat is in a game against superior athletes that he will play the same style as last night. But last night he let his kids run and shoot, and the score is reflective of that. Had St. Pat been worried about either the margin of defeat or the number of points Mason County would score, they could have played at a different tempo.

Last year's season opener was Mason County 61, St. Pat 20. The game was slower-paced, yet the Royals tripled the score on St. Pat and won by 41. Would this have been "more acceptable"?

Maybe Kentucky will change the rules and implement a running clock, or play 4 on 5 when the point differential gets past 40.

Nice post,I think theres maybe a few more games like this year,One thing people are forgetting and we preached in preseason is how deep this team is with very good players.