'06-'07 BC Rebels Best Ever?

Is this seasons Boone County Rebels the best team ever in the 9th Region.

They have 4 out the top 10 rated players in the region.

Maybe their are other teams that I do not recall that were better.

I know it is only the start of the season, but they are loaded.

Throw in the best coach in the region, wow.

Boone is not that good. They are still too young at key positions so they will struggle at times. Fookes scheduled eight top 20 teams of which four are currently top 10 in most polls. They are all scheduled “Away”. She also scheduled a couple of pretty good Ohio teams, SK, and they are @ Russell. The 9th region has 3 or 4 teams that can beat most any team on any given night as well. They will lose several games and will take some lumps; however, they should be seasoned and better prepared come Feb/Mar. There will no doubt be teams in the 9th that will end up with better season records.

IMO…Boone’s top all-around player, Switzer, always seems to get over-looked for some reason. She is a lock-down defender and has worked all summer to add a dimension to her game that will be big for them.

APNW...you couldn't be more right. The bumps NDA ran into and the wall they hit in March is exactly what Fookes will use to keep her team focused and motivated. She is a master at making sure they stay grounded.

Boone is not that good. They are still too young at key positions so they will struggle at times. Fookes scheduled eight top 20 teams of which four are currently top 10 in most polls. They are all scheduled “Away”. She also scheduled a couple of pretty good Ohio teams, SK, and they are @ Russell. The 9th region has 3 or 4 teams that can beat most any team on any given night as well. They will lose several games and will take some lumps; however, they should be seasoned and better prepared come Feb/Mar. There will no doubt be teams in the 9th that will end up with better season records.

IMO…Boone’s top all-around player, Switzer, always seems to get over-looked for some reason. She is a lock-down defender and has worked all summer to add a dimension to her game that will be big for them.

APNW...you couldn't be more right. The bumps NDA ran into and the wall they hit in March is exactly what Fookes will use to keep her team focused and motivated. She is a master at making sure they stay grounded.

Just to clarify, isn't this pretty much the same Boone team that went to state last year? What did they lose coming into this season?

Cats Pause pre-season rankings

1. Boone County 9th Region

2. Notre Dame

3. New Cath.

4. Conner

5. Holmes

6. St. Henry

7. Highlands

8. Holy Cross (before the transfer of Behrens)

9. Newport

10. LLoyd

1. Sneed Newport

2. Klei New Cath

3. Dickman N.D.

4. Bradley Boone

5. Niemer St. Henry

6. Weaver Holmes

7. Hicks Boone

8. O'Neil Conner

9. Brasseaux Boone

10 Behrens H.C. (transfered to Boone)

Klei and Sneed are the only 2 from this list that would get any signifigant playing time if they played for Boone.

Once again loaded, loaded and loaded is how you descibe Boone this year.

When they beat Lex Cath in the holiday tournament in Tenn. people will then know how talented they are.

Flatrock....you sure appear to be just trying to stir things up. I'm guessing you are hitting this board to see what you can get started. If you are trying to turn people against Boone it's not necessary. Take a few moments to read several other topics on this board and you will find there are plenty of haters. People close to the program know this team has potential to be pretty decent, but also know they are not that good. And no way would they ever say the things you said. No one in KY ever says "when they beat LexCath". Scott County fans are the only people that would be that confident and even they would never say it.

If you are saying this stuff to motivate others or to get some feathers ruffled then have at it. If I’m wrong about your motives then I apologize.

Originally posted by flatrock

Cats Pause pre-season rankings

1. Boone County 9th Region

2. Notre Dame

3. New Cath.

4. Conner

5. Holmes

6. St. Henry

7. Highlands

8. Holy Cross (before the transfer of Behrens)

9. Newport

10. LLoyd

1. Sneed Newport

2. Klei New Cath

3. Dickman N.D.

4. Bradley Boone

5. Niemer St. Henry

6. Weaver Holmes

7. Hicks Boone

8. O'Neil Conner

9. Brasseaux Boone

10 Behrens H.C. (transfered to Boone)

Klei and Sneed are the only 2 from this list that would get any signifigant playing time if they played for Boone.

Once again loaded, loaded and loaded is how you descibe Boone this year.

When they beat Lex Cath in the holiday tournament in Tenn. people will then know how talented they are.

I'd seriously doubt that statement Dickman and Niemer are both good post players who could play with any of Fooke's players. Kat O'Neil is also a player I wouldn't overlook either.

Boone will be tough this year. With a shot clock , i would doubt they lose a game , but since their isn't a shot clock in high school i would have to believe the Boone fans are in for some slow boring games.

I watched a team wednesday evening hold the ball for 2:51 in the first half.

Any team can only have 5 players on the court at one time and if other teams are holding the ball ,their best 5 probably aren't getting too tired. I believe BC will be pressing a lot this season, just to get other teams out of the slow down game.

I agree with Coach K.....imagine that....teams will try to slow down against us but I think with our press and trap we will keep the tempo pretty upbeat. I think a lot of teams will also try to zone us and pack their players down in the paint but this might not be the answer either if our girls are hitting from the outside like I know they can. But by the same token anyone can have a good night as well as a bad night as seen on Wednesday when Boone came away with a very hard fought and extremely close victory.