Austin Oppel (RB) Meade County

AvoidLloyd

What video did you watch ATLCat? If it was the Hudl video someone posted that is from last year. I haven't seen any video posted from the Franklin-Simpson game.

You're correct, his size will keep a lot of D1 coaches from offering him although he already has a few MAC schools very interested. He's visited UK and UL several times though.

He's a VERY powerful runner. It's amazing for his size how strong he is. I believe he squatted over 500 lbs as a sophomore. He blocks very well too.

He was laser timed at 4.53 so he's got the speed.

What video did you watch ATLCat? If it was the Hudl video someone posted that is from last year. I haven't seen any video posted from the Franklin-Simpson game.

You're correct, his size will keep a lot of D1 coaches from offering him although he already has a few MAC schools very interested. He's visited UK and UL several times though.

He's a VERY powerful runner. It's amazing for his size how strong he is. I believe he squatted over 500 lbs as a sophomore. He blocks very well too.

He was laser timed at 4.53 so he's got the speed.

His Hudl highlights vs. F-S

Franklin-Simpson HS - Austin Oppel highlights - Hudl

By no means am I remotely close to being a collegiate level talent evaluator, but I would definitely make note that those types of plays need to be included in his highlights as well from time to time.Show that 2 yard gain where he broke three tackles to get it and kept his team in 3rd and Manageable instead of 3rd and Long. Show the blitz pickupthat allows the QB to hit a post for a 35 yard completion.

If nothing else, with his wiggle and his hands I am sure someone could use him as a Punt Returner and slot guy at the FCS level at the bare minimum.

That's a strong effort against Franklin Simpson.

He will beat this effort easily on Friday.

He did have a good game.

I review the video and recording stats for both teams. I usually do it in person but I'm sidelined by ankle surgery right now

Oppel had 17 rushes for 118 yards 3 TD's

4 receptions for 48 yards

Meade Co overall had 118 rushing and 226 total offense.

FS finished the night with 186 on the ground and 281 total offense.

He did have a good game.

I review the video and recording stats for both teams. I usually do it in person but I'm sidelined by ankle surgery right now

Oppel had 17 rushes for 118 yards 3 TD's

4 receptions for 48 yards

Meade Co overall had 118 rushing and 226 total offense.

FS finished the night with 186 on the ground and 281 total offense.

According to the stats on the KHSAA web site Oppel 16 carries for a 145 yards the quarterback Brady had 11 carries for 46 yards and Meade had 191 total rushing yards.

FS stats only show allowing 124 yards. So either FS is padding the defensive stats to try and make the defense look better or Meade is padding their offensive stats to make players look better. That is a 67 yard difference in the two teams stats.

According to the stats on the KHSAA web site Oppel 16 carries for a 145 yards the quarterback Brady had 11 carries for 46 yards and Meade had 191 total rushing yards.

FS stats only show allowing 124 yards. So either FS is padding the defensive stats to try and make the defense look better or Meade is padding their offensive stats to make players look better. That is a 67 yard difference in the two teams stats.

What is posted on the team statistics page is put there by the team. The KHSAA picks it up there.