NKYFL

NKYRaider

Ok I have never heard of teams running from other teams. You win some you lose some. It is about the kids getting to play. Is there not another team on a bye this week that you could play. If you have a youth team Midget/Jr. It is harder to find a team not on a bye because there isn't as many teams in that age group.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have never heard of teams running from other teams. You win some you lose some. It is about the kids getting to play. Is there not another team on a bye this week that you could play. If you have a youth team Midget/Jr. It is harder to find a team not on a bye because there isn't as many teams in that age group.

Believe me, it’s happening. Why do you think they’ve created 3 divisions??

Yes, Boone Cty is on their Bye this week. They don’t want to play us because apparently we’re slotted to play each other in the first round of the playoffs. The logical choice is the only other team who is not on a bye and needs a team to play, which is the Spartans. We agreed to play them at their home field, but they are refusing to play us. Leaving us w/out anyone to play. If we had more than a couple days to find a team, it probably wouldn’t be an issue. League is doing nothing to help.

That isn't why they created 3 divisions. They created 3 divisions because some teams are so small that they can't field midget youth and Junior youth so they put them teams together. Then they put the teams that are on the boarder of Fielding teams together. All your bigger programs they put in the upper. Almost all of them can field all ages. I think the Reddevils fell short this year. That allows the games to be played at one place most of the time.

That isn't why they created 3 divisions. They created 3 divisions because some teams are so small that they can't field midget youth and Junior youth so they put them teams together. Then they put the teams that are on the boarder of Fielding teams together. All your bigger programs they put in the upper. Almost all of them can field all ages. I think the Reddevils fell short this year. That allows the games to be played at one place most of the time.

I think you're being a little naïve to think that separating the teams out didn't have something to do with some coaches and directors trying to avoid the better teams and to give their kids a chance at a new patch and super bowl.

Regardless, since you seem to be closer to the situation than I, explain how the Spartans get to refuse to play the Raiders this week without penalty? If you refuse a game, aren't you supposed to get fined? In addition, why is the league permitting the BCR to play the Spartans before the UR's?

Yes I am definitely saying that isn't why they made 3 divisions. But I will give you that maybe the Spartans are trying to avoid you. I ask questions about some of the stuff we are talking about that is why I had some answers. I don't know how they were able to avoid your game because that isn't fair to your players. Me personally I liked 2 divisions better than 3 but I do understand the problem with the smaller teams not having enough players. Hopefully at there meeting you can get some answers.

Yes I am definitely saying that isn't why they made 3 divisions. But I will give you that maybe the Spartans are trying to avoid you. I ask questions about some of the stuff we are talking about that is why I had some answers. I don't know how they were able to avoid your game because that isn't fair to your players. Me personally I liked 2 divisions better than 3 but I do understand the problem with the smaller teams not having enough players. Hopefully at there meeting you can get some answers.

Got a little off topic, and I don't want to split hairs, but I heard from a very credible source that there were multiple reasons the divisions got split and that was one of them that was discussed.

My main concern is the league's inability to do what is fair. It's the same nonsense every year. They have a couple bad apples that create all sorts of issues like this and unfortunately nothing is ever done about it.

The Spartans JY teams will play their 5th home game this weekend. Ours will be home on their 2nd Bye of a 9 week season when they should be playing their 2nd home game. How is that fair?

I don't know anything about scheduling. I hope you go to the meeting and get some answers to help improve the league.

I've been there and everything I have proposed has gone to the board. They don't change unless it suits their agenda. Again, their "good ole boy" mentality is ruining what could become a premier youth football league. Now it's 90% running clock games with the majority of the teams ran by cupcakes.

Interesting perspective. Just curious, while you're criticizing the NKYFL board, the Spartans, and the many in the league that don't quite meet the Raider standard, would you care to enlighten the masses about that little incident after Week 1 when Union was disciplined for using ILLEGAL playerS on the Midget level in their opening game against Ludlow?

Wow. Nice job deflecting the current topic. Don't have all the details, but since you asked I'll attempt to "enlighten" you with the information I do have.

From my knowledge, the kids were approved by a board member preseason and were told that team would be non-competitive. Once the board later determined that wasn't the correct protocol, those kids were immediately moved to the older age group. No discipline that I heard of whatsoever.

And for the record, these were 3 undersized kids that originally played on a team that with their correct age group, but the age cutoff changed. Those 3 are rotting on the bench now. So we're not quite talking about recruiting TD machines from OH here.

But again, there has been A LOT more serious issues the board has ignored (including the scheduling hiccup I've addressed) than this!

I've been there and everything I have proposed has gone to the board. They don't change unless it suits their agenda. Again, their "good ole boy" mentality is ruining what could become a premier youth football league. .

What were your proposals?

@NKYRaider, give me a call anytime, I’d love to give you some more insight to the topics you seem to have questions or issues with.

While it’s your right to be upset, I’d urge you to seek answers, before you pass judgements without all the information.

Joe Tucker - NKYFL VP - 859-816-4128

@NKYRaider, give me a call anytime, I’d love to give you some more insight to the topics you seem to have questions or issues with.

While it’s your right to be upset, I’d urge you to seek answers, before you pass judgements without all the information.

Joe Tucker - NKYFL VP - 859-816-4128

I’ll gladly give you a call to discuss the numerous issues I’ve experienced after the playoffs. However, this issue needed you and the board’s assistance this week and you did absolutely nothing.

Sorry you feel that way, but if you ask your Director , Aaron can tell you I personally spent a couple hours on the phone with him this week trying to help find a solution to the issue you guys had. Once again it’s easy to be upset when you don’t care to seek out all the info. My phone is always on.

Good luck in the playoffs!