Lawrence County info

catfan03

Amen, with only 4 district games now it will make the coaching staff schedule up to 6 non-district games and I thnk Raceland and Russell should be back on there. Love going down into Greenup County and playing football. Good times all around. The one thing that I cant wait to happen is for LC to go on a roll again and for everyone around the region say " Oh no, Lawrence County is back !". Good times everyone!!!!:thumb:

I know Russell is on LC schedule next year but I don't think Raceland is but I am like the rest of you all I would love to see it one of my most memorable games as a player was agiants the rams it was all ways a war :thumb:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone post the 2007 LC schedule?

I don't know in what order they play in but this is who they will be playing in 07.

Seldon Clark

Coal Grove

Belfry

Russell

Prestonburg

Breathitt

Greenup

Boyd

Rowan

And I can't remember the other team . These are all quality teams but they are teams that we should be able to play with :cool:

I don't know in what order they play in but this is who they will be playing in 07.

Seldon Clark

Coal Grove

Belfry

Russell

Prestonburg

Breathitt

Greenup

Boyd

Rowan

And I can't remember the other team . These are all quality teams but they are teams that we should be able to play with :cool:

I love this schedule.:ylsuper:

Seldon Clark

Coal Grove

Belfry

Russell

Prestonburg

Breathitt

Greenup

Boyd

Rowan

They will probably try to get Tolsia back now that Tolsia has lost alot of good players. I would have loved to seen them play the last 2 years so Tolsia and Coach Waller could get some revenge for chuke ruuning up the score.

What are you talking about? Tolsia is in the state championship of WV this weekend! I don't think they are hurting over there. Goldsmith had nothing to do with running the score up on Tolsia. When we played them in the early 90's they upset us with Jackie Ratcliff (good friend growing up I played baseball with). That was the game that turned the season around when we went to the final 4. The next season Tolsia was blown up to be unreal with Bob Evans etc. We were up 30+ at the half (my 18th birthday too). Most of the starters never stepped foot on the field in the 2nd half. That was Goldsmiths teams. I think the biggest reason that game isn't played anymore is because of the fights and tension especially in the stands. Too bad for the kids because it was fun:)

What are you talking about? Tolsia is in the state championship of WV this weekend! I don't think they are hurting over there. Goldsmith had nothing to do with running the score up on Tolsia. When we played them in the early 90's they upset us with Jackie Ratcliff (good friend growing up I played baseball with). That was the game that turned the season around when we went to the final 4. The next season Tolsia was blown up to be unreal with Bob Evans etc. We were up 30+ at the half (my 18th birthday too). Most of the starters never stepped foot on the field in the 2nd half. That was Goldsmiths teams. I think the biggest reason that game isn't played anymore is because of the fights and tension especially in the stands. Too bad for the kids because it was fun:)

I think you are correct it never was the kids that had trouble with this game it was the fans in the stands . I for one would love to see them play Tolsia because they are one of the best teams in the area and I wish them well in their state championship game agiants Wayne and I hope they can stay on top for years to come:thumb:

They will probably try to get Tolsia back now that Tolsia has lost alot of good players. I would have loved to seen them play the last 2 years so Tolsia and Coach Waller could get some revenge for chuke ruuning up the score.

I recall only one year where the score got out of hand in the first half and Chuke played the starters one series in the second half. I do remember one year Tolsia was up big at half and LC came back and won the game late in the 4th quarter. It was only game I can remember where there was more people coming to the game during the 3rd quarter because of listening to the game on the radio, there was probably close to 1000 more people at the end of the game than there was at the start of the second half.

This brings up an interesting point. I know that in the past LC has gotten some good players back in the past from across the river. Is it possible that the tides have turned and Tolsia is now competitive because of it. Im not trying to implicate anything just bringing up an interesting point.

In the late 90's Lawrence Co. was real good and Tolsia was way down and 2 years in a row Chuke run up the score. I would love to seen these 2 teams play the last 2 years and see how the Dawgs like it.

This brings up an interesting point. I know that in the past LC has gotten some good players back in the past from across the river. Is it possible that the tides have turned and Tolsia is now competitive because of it. Im not trying to implicate anything just bringing up an interesting point.

Tolsia lost some real good players to Lawrence Co. in the 90's but nobody blamed them for leaving because the coach at tolsia was a real jacka$$.

Fred Dean grew up playing ball in Louisa along with guys like Jackie Ratcliff who was a great player that played at Tolsia. Fred's sister was on my baseball team and could flat play! Emory Thompson played 1 year I think from over there and Nick Meadows I believe was from there. That is 3 players in history that have made any kind of impact and some of them played ball in their younger days in Louisa.

MUTE POINT! 3 kids in history dosen't make or break a program! You will be hard pressed to find many teams around Eastern KY that haven't had a couple of kids move into their school at some point in time to make a difference for their team. Central, Paintsville, LC, Belfry, Pikeville, Pburg all of them at some point in time have had a kid move in and help them.

Congrats to Central on making the final 4. Lawrence Co did it 3 times in a 7 year span back when they won 100+ games in the 90's. During that time Central never once beat LC. Not bringing anything up just reminding people how dominant LC was during that span and the longevity of the run they had against you. I hope you all can continue that consistancy. It is a great feeling for the small towns and personally I love it that guys like Stuart (who I played with) Coach Burchett and Coach Reeves who I coached with deserve every bit of success that comes their way! 3 GREAT guys!

LC has been hurt from injuries and transfers. Kick them now because they won't be down forever! There are a lot of hungry kids in Louisa, Blaine and Fallsburg. The kids are working hard and so are the coaches. It's just a matter of time!

In the late 90's Lawrence Co. was real good and Tolsia was way down and 2 years in a row Chuke run up the score. I would love to seen these 2 teams play the last 2 years and see how the Dawgs like it.

Like I said before Goldsmith coached when I played an Tolsia upset us the first year. The second year we were up 30+ at the half and he benched everybody. I don't think you will ever see either school back down from the other but you are off base with the perception you are giving. I haven't talked to anybody from Louisa that isn't excited that Tolsia is in the state championship this week. I would love to see them win it all! The Cat and Ben's wouldn't know what hit them:lol: Good luck too you and I hope you realize that the majority of Louisa is pulling for you!