St. Xavier vs Trinity (7th Region Championship) Predictions

Who will be the 7th Region Champ?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 7th Region Champ?

• St. Xavier
    • Trinity

These to rivals will square off at 7:30 tonight at Eastern HS. St.X is ranked #1 in KY by Max Preps Computer rankings, and Trinity is ranked #2. St.X previously beat Trinity 8-2 this season, but will be two different pitchers than ones in that matchup. Looks to be the bats of Trinity vs pitching of St.X. Who wins this and takes home the hardware?

I think the most likely pitching matchup will be Max Bergmann for the Tigers and Nick Thompson for the Shamrocks. Max Bergmann is 4-1, 1.69 ERA, 48K, 12BB, and 45 IP.

Nick Thompson is 8-0, 2.23 ERA, 52K, 16BB, and 50.1 IP.

Trinity is averaging 8.3 runs per game and ST.X 7.4.

Looks to be even matchup on paper.

These to rivals will square off at 7:30 tonight at Eastern HS. St.X is ranked #1 in KY by Max Preps Computer rankings, and Trinity is ranked #2. St.X previously beat Trinity 8-2 this season, but will be two different pitchers than ones in that matchup. Looks to be the bats of Trinity vs pitching of St.X. Who wins this and takes home the hardware?

In a win or go home scenario pitching usually beats hitting. So I'll go with the Tigers. But in these games it will come down to who can handle their emotions and limit mistakes. Whoever can do that has the best chance of winning.

I'll take the Tigers 5-2.