Chris Beard

UKMustangFan

What a heck of a basketball coach that guy is.

Seriously, the dude has taken Texas Tech to back to back Elite Eights.

He’s my current top (realistic) choice to take over for Cal whenever he decides to move on from Kentucky.

Great coach but I think he would run into a lot of the same problems Tubby ran into following Pitino. I could be wrong but personality not as big as Pitino and Cal. His style of play, which many complained about Tubbys isnt the most appealing. Plus would he be able to recruit to the level that satisfies most UK fans.

I definitely would be fine with him, I just think the fan base as a whole wouldnt be be as much for it. Which would fit right into UK history with its coaches pattern. A legend type that everyone loves (Rupp, Pitino, Cal). Followed by a very good coach who may even win a title, but fan base never truly gets behind them and never likes their style of play (Hall, Tubby, Beard?). Then followed by a coach who likes to drink (Sutton, Billy G).

Texas Tech is one of the best defensive teams I have seen in college and a long time. That game last night was a clinic in how to play defense.

No denying that, but those first 12 minutes were brutal to watch. It seems like it was 6 to 4 until the middle of the first half.