9th Region Week 10 Review: 17 of 20 teams move, including #1!!!!

PP1

Newport lost to CCH by 17, without McGuire, who averages around 16. And, Newport was playing its 5th game in 7 days. Tough task to ask them to beat CovCath at that point.

That said, Beechwood beat CCH on a buzzer beater at home. Newport beat Beechwood on the road, in the “high stakes” All A. To me, top 4 should have stayed the same, with Beechwood 4th and Cooper and CCH 1 & 2.

Cooper and CCH still clearly the class of the region, and Beechwood and Newport definitely 3/4 in whatever order at this point. Conner a Sneaky 5.

Conner does not “look like” much, but those boys play hard. Kudos to Otte for that! They should be a force next year as well.

To me, top 4 should have stayed the same, with Beechwood 4th and Cooper and CCH 1 & 2.

So you think that Beechwood and Newport should have stood pat when #4 Beechwood beat #1 Cov Cath while #3 Newport lost to #2 Cooper in the same week?

Now I do think that looking at the entire season as a whole is a big part of it, but there is more to it then just Newport beating Beechwood (which was huge). Also I consider that Beechwood beat Campbell County and Campbell County beat Newport by 14.

However, Newport did beat Beechwood in Ft Mitchell which is something that no one else has done all year. Also Newport scored 70 points against Cooper, which no one in the world has done all year.

It's going to be a fun month.

You might be right. Beechwood was #4 and beat the #1 team so they had to go up. If you go up from #4 you are either #2 or #3 and Newport did lose to both Cooper and Cov Cath in convincing fashion.

Didnt Newport play with Cooper pretty well, and had one of the best offensive games that any team has had against them? Not to mention Newport already did beat Beechwood to. So I think its hard to all of a sudden have Beechwood jump Covcath since they beat them. Yet basically ignore the fact that Newport beat Beechwood.

With that said imo if Newport and Beechwood play 10 times. They probably both win 5. If Beechwood and Covcath play 10 times, Beechwood probably wins once. Which just so happened to be the other night. Imo Cooper and Covcath are 1A, and 1B. And then a toss up between Newport and Beechwood for 3 and 4.

The matchups for the region will be so interesting. Potentially: Conner as a 2, Highlands/NCC/Newport as a 2, Beechwood/CCH as a 2, and St. Henry/ Lloyd as a 2, is going to create for some wild first round matchups and a great regional tournament. (I know theoretically other teams could make it, ie. Holy Cross, Dixie, etc.)

The matchups for the region will be so interesting. Potentially: Conner as a 2, Highlands/NCC/Newport as a 2, Beechwood/CCH as a 2, and St. Henry/ Lloyd as a 2, is going to create for some wild first round matchups and a great regional tournament. (I know theoretically other teams could make it, ie. Holy Cross, Dixie, etc.)

Could not agree more...

Yep-one of the more intriguing Regionals in recent memory.