Belmont 79 Murray State 66

00Rocket28

What a good win for Belmont (14-4, 5-2 Ohio Valley) Not only do they get the road win, they hand Murray State (15-3, 6-1 Conf) its first conference loss. Belmont shot 53.2% from the field, including 31.8% from the three point line. They also won the battle of the boards by 4. Leading the way for the winners was, Kevin McClain (Jennings, FL) 23 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assist. Nick Muszynski (Pickerington, Ohio) added 20 points and and 6 assist.

For Murray State, Ja Morant (Dalzell, SC) dropped in 20 points and he had 9 assist. Shaq Buchanan (Madison, MS) and Tevin Brown (Fairhope, AL) each had 11 points.

It was like the air went out of the building when he got hurt. Definitely seemed like Murray was playing with 4 1/2 guys all night after he got hurt. Hopefully he can get some rest and treatment and the team can stay afloat till OVC tournament and he’s ready to go full speed.

It was like the air went out of the building when he got hurt. Definitely seemed like Murray was playing with 4 1/2 guys all night after he got hurt. Hopefully he can get some rest and treatment and the team can stay afloat till OVC tournament and he’s ready to go full speed.

He still looked pretty good to me.

Again, no defense.

He still looked pretty good to me.

Again, no defense.

I think their undoing was that 0-12 from the field after he went down. He looked ok, but none of his explosiveness or quickness was there. The defense was lacking, but I think they win that game with him healthy. It was almost like they gave up.

I think their undoing was that 0-12 from the field after he went down. He looked ok, but none of his explosiveness or quickness was there. The defense was lacking, but I think they win that game with him healthy. It was almost like they gave up.

I agree Murray was dead in the water for about 10 minutes after Morant went down.