Walton-Verona 65 Spencer County 45

Complete domination by the Bearcats tonight. Had a 15-25 point lead for the majority of the game and did a great job contesting 3's, Spencer County shot 20% from 3. Spencer had no answer for WV on the inside. WV did this without the services of Trey Bonne which makes this win even that more impressive. Jones is starting to play well from the perimeter which opens things up for the bigs.

My goodness to win that bad without him they must have played well but also Spencer had to have played bad as well.

Spencer just does not match up well with WV if they are not hitting 3's, which they were not. WV defense was the main reason they shot poorly, they contested a majority of the shots.

My goodness to win that bad without him they must have played well but also Spencer had to have played bad as well.

Yeah, WV played pretty well, I had seen Spencer County in the KOB, they were a different team tonight. They just never did adjust to the size difference, they focused on Miles and Brook had a career night. They took some 3's from almost half court.

I agree it is not a good matchup for them. All that size is too much especially when you do not have a bench. Hornback for Spencer had three fouls at the beginning of second quarter. That pretty much ended things there. I would have to say that Spencer had a lot of open looks. Just not shooting well. Conley sprained ankle in first quarter and sat half the first so you can imagine what their bigs did then. Spencer is missing their sixth man who will be back. But no excuses WV is better. How many seniors do they have? I heard at least 6??

I agree it is not a good matchup for them. All that size is too much especially when you do not have a bench. Hornback for Spencer had three fouls at the beginning of second quarter. That pretty much ended things there. I would have to say that Spencer had a lot of open looks. Just not shooting well. Conley sprained ankle in first quarter and sat half the first so you can imagine what their bigs did then. Spencer is missing their sixth man who will be back. But no excuses WV is better. How many seniors do they have? I heard at least 6??

WV has 9 seniors, 7 that contribute and their most dynamic and best scoring guard did not play tonight.

WV has 9 seniors, 7 that contribute and their most dynamic and best scoring guard did not play tonight.

They better get it done this year. Wow that is a lot of experience. Makes me feel a little better about the loss. Looks like Collins, South Oldham, and WV are the teams rolling right now.

Not trying to thread jack here, but where and what time do Spencer and S. Oldham plat on Saturday ? Thanks

Spencer County (9-9) - Whitlock 3 2 9, Seawright 6 5 21, Hornbeck 2 0 4, Conley 4 2 11. Totals: 15 9 45.

Walton-Verona (14-3) - Brook 6 3 15, Jones 4 2 12, Schrader 1 0 3, Pardee 8 1 17, Grubbs 1 0 2, Miles 5 6 16. Totals: 25 12 65.

Halftime: WV 32-17. 3-pointers: WV 3 (Jones 2, Schrader); SC 6 (Seawright 4, Whitlock, Conley).

Two players having 3 fouls in early the 2nd quarter is a massive indicator of a lack of depth. 20 games into the year, that’s a bad sign. Legs are going to get fresher, and now there’s plenty of film to exploit other weaknesses. If I’m coach Burns, my practices get significantly lighter, and kids are taking ice baths every night. With the system they’re running, you have to be able to play 8-9 guys significant minutes.

Hard to be an elite team with only 5 players. Just as with all teams Spencer has flaws and has been exposed. Their schedule has been tougher than years past I still think that pays off in the end. They need to clean up some things and continue to work. They don't have a huge margin for error!