Newport 53 Beechwood 52 (9th Region All A Classic)

From where I was sitting I would have to say Beechwood owned 12 minutes of the second half and then forgot to play the final 4 minutes. Beechwood pretty much owned the boards all night, really glad to see Newport storm back, great game.

Boards were 30 to 30, far from “owned”.

Not that it really matters at this point, but that is surprising.

I think what was not said, and maybe no one has the actual stats, is that Beechwood had significantly more offensive rebounds that led to second chance points. They easily had 10 offensive rebounds that led to 20 points which is 40% of their total.

I think what was not said, and maybe no one has the actual stats, is that Beechwood had significantly more offensive rebounds that led to second chance points. They easily had 10 offensive rebounds that led to 20 points which is 40% of their total.

Significantly as in two more offensive rebounds. It was 17 to 15. Good try though. Beechwood had 10 second chance points.

Significantly as in two more offensive rebounds. It was 17 to 15. Good try though. Beechwood had 10 second chance points.

KnowItAll, please try to pay attention - I am not talking about offensive rebounds.

I am talking about "Offensive Rebounds that lead to second chance points."

This is not a stat that is kept at the high school level but I was there and Beechwood was converting them more than Newport.

And this is what amazed me because Taj usually dominates the boards and the inside but he only had 7 rebounds.

KnowItAll, please try to pay attention - I am not talking about offensive rebounds.

I am talking about "Offensive Rebounds that lead to second chance points."

This is not a stat that is kept at the high school level but I was there and Beechwood was converting them more than Newport.

And this is what amazed me because Taj usually dominates the boards and the inside but he only had 7 rebounds.

If they had 10 second chance points, isn’t that scoring on essentially 5 of their 17 offensive board? That stat is kept. NKY said Beechwood had 10 second chance points.

And to go along with that, Newport had 12 second chance points. We can try and justify that Beechwood is better but the game, essentially without Makhi, proved otherwise.

Are people really trying to justify Beechwood being better? I don’t see it as that. Just discussing the game. If that is the case, I don’t see it. Both are evenly matched would be my observation. Two really nice teams. That was a HUGE atmosphere, and Beechwood was at home, at full strength. Newport found a way to win without McGuire for the first half. A closely contested, heated battle

Are people really trying to justify Beechwood being better? I don’t see it as that. Just discussing the game. If that is the case, I don’t see it. Both are evenly matched would be my observation. Two really nice teams. That was a HUGE atmosphere, and Beechwood was at home, at full strength. Newport found a way to win without McGuire for the first half. A closely contested, heated battle

I dont see anyone trying to say Beechwood is better but I think some have obviously interpreted it that way.

I was simply saying Beechwood won the rebound battle, especially on offense and that I was surprised by that because of Taj's usual presence.

I actually think Newport is better and has way more talent.