Ratings for state playoff teams

kentuckyblue

Few surprises here. I think it is right on in 2A. Mercer won't be challenged this year. I am surprised that they have the top two teams in 4A so tight. I think the Lit Rankings over at the CJ will have about a 15 point spread between Male and Trinity.

It's all a formula, it's not someone's opinion.

I would assume if they palyed a tougher schedule non district they would be ranked higher.

I understand. My opinion is that the formulas don't always show the proper respect. Just ask Bardstown.

I know. My point is that these "ratings" are pretty pointless. Let's pretend Ohio State played in Kentucky's A classification. If they played in a crappy district and defeated their 10 opponents who were a combined 10-90, then they would probably "rate" below Beechwood.

What about Cov Cath being ranked over B.G. Any thoughts?

Personally, I don't see how they could put anyone over BG...Not that I think they're unbeatable, but, they've proven to be #1 until someone else beats them...Possibly because there district is weak with exception of WEast, but, there Non-district schedule was strong with WCentral and St X

Personally, I don't see how they could put anyone over BG...Not that I think they're unbeatable, but, they've proven to be #1 until someone else beats them...Possibly because there district is weak with exception of WEast, but, there Non-district schedule was strong with WCentral and St X
Again, they weren't "put" there. It's a system, the numbers are what they are.