Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ratings for state playoff teams

Featured Replies

Boy, Bethelem still gets no respect.

Boy, Bethelem still gets no respect.
It's all a formula, it's not someone's opinion.

 

I would assume if they palyed a tougher schedule non district they would be ranked higher.

It's all a formula, it's not someone's opinion.

 

I would assume if they palyed a tougher schedule non district they would be ranked higher.

 

 

No doubt. We will see what they are all about aginst Danville this week.

Few surprises here. I think it is right on in 2A. Mercer won't be challenged this year. I am surprised that they have the top two teams in 4A so tight. I think the Lit Rankings over at the CJ will have about a 15 point spread between Male and Trinity.

It's all a formula, it's not someone's opinion.

 

I would assume if they palyed a tougher schedule non district they would be ranked higher.

 

I understand. My opinion is that the formulas don't always show the proper respect. Just ask Bardstown.

Bardstown beat Bethlehem 28-0 the first time ... that game has to count, too.

In their two matchups, Bardstown was +19 in point differential, which would tell you that the Tigers may be 9.5 ratings points better than Bethlehem.

I know. My point is that these "ratings" are pretty pointless. Let's pretend Ohio State played in Kentucky's A classification. If they played in a crappy district and defeated their 10 opponents who were a combined 10-90, then they would probably "rate" below Beechwood.

The key words being "Let's pretend" ...

 

Are you intimating that Bethlehem should be ranked ahead of Beechwood?

No, but since they've beaten Bardstown, they should be ranked higher than #6 with a 55.5 rating.

No, but since they've beaten Bardstown, they should be ranked higher than #6 with a 55.5 rating.

 

Who would you put them in front of ?

What about Cov Cath being ranked over B.G. Any thoughts?

 

Personally, I don't see how they could put anyone over BG...Not that I think they're unbeatable, but, they've proven to be #1 until someone else beats them...Possibly because there district is weak with exception of WEast, but, there Non-district schedule was strong with WCentral and St X

Personally, I don't see how they could put anyone over BG...Not that I think they're unbeatable, but, they've proven to be #1 until someone else beats them...Possibly because there district is weak with exception of WEast, but, there Non-district schedule was strong with WCentral and St X
Again, they weren't "put" there. It's a system, the numbers are what they are.
It's a system, the numbers are what they are.

 

I agree. Pointless and usually wrong.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.