CFB Coaching Carousel/Updates

TheDeuce

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m sure GT wants to rebrand the whole program. GT really should be better than they are. Great school, in a great city. Bring in a modern coach and the recruits will come. Like JD said, this is a job where you have to give 4 years for the new guy to bring in all his dudes. Hopefully you make a bowl game or 2 in those first 4 years but it will take lots of patience. You could just bring in another option guy, but you’re ceiling is just so low as an option team. You aren’t winning any championships running the option in 2018.

One could argue that GT should be (or could be) better than UGA annually. Right in the middle of SEC country, and in a city like Atlanta? With the right coach and system, I'm picking Atlanta over Athens every single time.

One could argue that GT should be (or could be) better than UGA annually. Right in the middle of SEC country, and in a city like Atlanta? With the right coach and system, I'm picking Atlanta over Athens every single time.

I agree.

Brent Venables and Lane Kiffin would be the first two calls I make if I'm them.

But that's not the only problem at GT. They've never had an administration that really wanted a big focus on football, and their academic standards (while not Stanford or ND), tend to narrow their recruiting pool.

That administrative support HAS to come first or you'll never get the students and alumni really excited, to say nothing of getting that place to connect with the broader city of Atlanta in a way that could be HUGE for them.