Newport 2018/2019

No dog in the fight, but does that mean NCC was the favorite last year before until Newport won it? Just trying to make sense of the logic. Players move, graduate, etc. To say whoever won it last year is automatically this years favorite is kinda crazy.

Now, if it's solely because of Newport's talent it's a whole different story.

Newport was the favorite last year based on how many veterans they had coming back. This year, they are not the favorite based on how many veterans/points they don't have coming back. Simple as that.

No dog in the fight, but does that mean NCC was the favorite last year before until Newport won it? Just trying to make sense of the logic. Players move, graduate, etc. To say whoever won it last year is automatically this years favorite is kinda crazy.

Now, if it's solely because of Newport's talent it's a whole different story.

They lost Burries and Harding but still have two top 10 region players in Miller and McGuire and White is probably a top 10/top 5 JR in the region. They’ll still have lots of talent. It’s. It like they’ve got 5 new guys. They’ll still be a top 5-6 team in the region.

Seen Harding working out with the guys from Newport but I know he is gone. Miller, McGuire and White will absolutely put up big numbers for the Wildcats but with no post player, its gonna be hard for the the Wildcats to make a big run. I think they will make it out of the district but matching up with Cov Cath and Cooper will be an issue.

Could they match up with CCH and Cooper with him??? Seems like a big ask of one kid.

Could they match up with CCH and Cooper with him??? Seems like a big ask of one kid.

Perhaps not on the level as CovCath and Cooper, but Harding definitely makes an already pretty talented Wildcat team a whole lot better. His strength, maturity, and rebounding dominance is a game changer for sure, and would give them a much fairer chance at being a legit 9th Region dark horse.

For Newport's sake I sincerely hope that word of his return is accurate. I for one was disappointed to hear that he had transferred as I was really looking forward to watching his senior season. Him being back, if true, would only make the 9th Region that much more interesting.

He strikes me as a player, though he's already having a decent high school career, might not even fully blossom until the next level if he decides to continue on further.