September 28, 20188 yr That was definitely a fun game to watch. Cousins and Goff were dicing up those defenses: Goff 26-33 for 465 yards and 5 TDs Cousins 36-50 for 422 yards and 3 TDs
September 28, 20188 yr Author Remember when Thursday Night games used to be almost unbearable to watch? Doesn't seem to be the case this year.
September 28, 20188 yr Remember when Thursday Night games used to be almost unbearable to watch? Doesn't seem to be the case this year. I heard the NFL has worked to put better games on their Thursday night package of games this year.
September 28, 20188 yr Author I heard the NFL has worked to put better games on their Thursday night package of games this year. Well its certainly worked so far. It's been very entertaining.
September 28, 20188 yr While I agree that the games have been more entertaining this year, the fact remains that if you're the visiting team, you're at a distinct disadvantage. Home team 4-0 already this year. Personally, I think that if they're going to have Thursday night games, they should come between say weeks 5 and 13...and ALWAYS feature two teams coming off a bye the week before. That way there's no short turn-around for either team. Players will be well rested, and the game planning won't have to suffer either. Of course, it's not going to happen.
September 28, 20188 yr That was definitely a fun game to watch. Cousins and Goff were dicing up those defenses: Goff 26-33 for 465 yards and 5 TDs Cousins 36-50 for 422 yards and 3 TDs It was a very exciting game with playoff intensity.
September 28, 20188 yr While I agree that the games have been more entertaining this year, the fact remains that if you're the visiting team, you're at a distinct disadvantage. Home team 4-0 already this year. Personally, I think that if they're going to have Thursday night games, they should come between say weeks 5 and 13...and ALWAYS feature two teams coming off a bye the week before. That way there's no short turn-around for either team. Players will be well rested, and the game planning won't have to suffer either. Of course, it's not going to happen. I am glad it is not going to happen. Your formula would take away some of the benefit of the bye week for teams but more importantly cream rises to the top and Thursday Night games are an opportunity to prove it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.