Sony Michel, NE RB

James White, NE RB

I’d still have

Brees

Cook

Miller

Beckham

Tate

As my core lineup and add in what Bell could be. Thoughts?

Yes, in a second. Watkins is better than Tate, and you'd be adding Michel and White who are both better plays than Thompson. Losing Goff is pretty much meaningless for you since you have Brees. I'd do the deal even if Le"Veon wasn't involved. The fact you'd get him is just icing on the cake for when he finally shows up/is traded.

I'm not sure it's such a nobrainer. Goff is really good and Woods is likely going to be a solid WR2 by end of year. Bell might be out 7 more weeks.

So I would get 2 bench RBs and an old WR that's had one good week.

Watkins is better than Woods IMO. Michel & White are both better than Thompson. Goff isn't a need. You aren't (or shouldn't be) playing him over Brees.

Personally, I feel Michel is going to be a better play by season's end than Lamar Miller. Guy missed the preseason so he's just getting his legs under him. They've given him the lion's share of the touches in the backfield the past two weeks which is saying something given how NE typically handles the running game.

As far as Bell goes, I think they end up trading him by the end of week 5. Even if he does sit for 10 weeks, you'll have a stud for the home-stretch and playoff time.

Watkins is better than Woods IMO. Michel & White are both better than Thompson. Goff isn't a need. You aren't (or shouldn't be) playing him over Brees.

Personally, I feel Michel is going to be a better play by season's end than Lamar Miller. Guy missed the preseason so he's just getting his legs under him. They've given him the lion's share of the touches in the backfield the past two weeks which is saying something given how NE typically handles the running game.

As far as Bell goes, I think they end up trading him by the end of week 5. Even if he does sit for 10 weeks, you'll have a stud for the home-stretch and playoff time.

Agree with you on Lamar Miller. Alfred Blue has already cut into Miller's carries and will only get worse once Foreman comes off the PUP list.

You're making a compelling case, but you do have a bit of a bias. :lol2:

Edited by HammerTime

You making a compelling case, but you do have a bit of a bias. :lol2:

Maybe just a bit :lol2: , but when was the last time the Patriots used a 1st round pick on a RB, then (without playing a snap in the preseason) inserted that RB into the backfield and gave him the workload they have? White will be the 3rd down back all season. Outside of that, I expect Michel to be a 15-20 touch a game back.