Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Lynn Camp Schedule

Featured Replies

I'm sitting here without a playoff game to worry about so I thought I would go ahead and get next years schedule out. I'm pretty sure about the dates, but I may have some of the sites reversed. I was glad to see that we were able to keep some of our traditional rivals while incorporating the new district games.

 

LYNN CAMP HIGH SCHOOL

FOOTBALL

2007

 

 

Date Opponent Site

8-24 Western

Pioneer Bowl Knox Central

8-31 Cumberland A

9-7 CAMPBELLSVILLE* H

9-14 Clinton County* A

9-21 Berea* A

9-28 HARLAN H

10-5 OPEN

10-12 WHITLEY COUNTY H

10-19 WILLIAMSBURG* H

10-26 HAZARD H

11/2 Middlesboro A

* Denotes District Games

I'm glad to see Lynn Camp, Cumberland, and Harlan are still playing even though they aren't in the same district. The first 3 games are going to be tough outs for the Cats but hopefully they'll continue to stay focused should they drop those games. Good luck to the Campers.

  • Author

I know many of these teams are still playing and not quite ready to think about next year, but we are not and I am. So I will ask anyone with any knowledge of what these teams have coming back to give me a little preview. I know Western has the top rushing offense in the state, but I don't know what they have coming back. I thought Cumberland had a lot of seniors, but I may be mistaken. Campbellsville was a little down this year, but I think they were young, so they will probably be improved. We played them a couple of times back in the 90's and they beat us pretty convincingly.

 

I personally believe Lynn Camp will be much improved next year, assuming a good offseason (which we didn't get last year). We still may not have a great record early but we should be good come playoff time.

That's not a bad schedule for a mountain 1A team. Does Lynn Camp expect to have a solid team next season? I know they struggled a bit this year after having some really nice teams over the last few years. Best of luck to the Tigers in their offseason preparations for 2007.

Wildcats. We always expect to be tough. :) Dose'nt always pan out, but we expect it. I heard that Camplesville had 2 of the best teams they ever fielded when we played them in the past, Hit Somebody, and then fell off to the rest of the pack. Any truth to that?

Wildcats. We always expect to be tough. :) Dose'nt always pan out, but we expect it. I heard that Camplesville had 2 of the best teams they ever fielded when we played them in the past, Hit Somebody, and then fell off to the rest of the pack. Any truth to that?

 

I knew it was wrong when I typed it! My apologies!:thumb: I think from reading some earlier threads that Campbellsville is supposed to be much improved next season. They started a bunch of freshmen and sophomores, apparently, this year.

 

You should be quite a bit ahead of Berea and Clinton County (although they weren't bad for a new program this year), and I'm guessing the Williamsburg game will be tight every year!

Well, to be fully honest, after I typed and sent Wildcats, I thought maybe you were talking about Camplesville. Are'nt they the tigers? Williamsburg and Lynn Camp will always be Williamsburg and Lynn Camp. There are fights in prison showers that turn out better than that game!

Well, to be fully honest, after I typed and sent Wildcats, I thought maybe you were talking about Camplesville. Are'nt they the tigers? Williamsburg and Lynn Camp will always be Williamsburg and Lynn Camp. There are fights in prison showers that turn out better than that game!

 

Campbellsville University is the Tigers.

Campbellsville High School is the Eagles.

 

They are almost always a pretty solid program, but there always seems to be a district/region rival that keeps them from getting over the hump. In the 1970s and 80s, it was Russellville. Then in the early 1990s, they couldn't get past Bardstown and Garrard County. They had a little success in the late 1990s, but have struggled against Danville, Somerset, Bardstown, Harrodsburg since then. They haven't won a playoff game since 1999 and have only played in three since then.

I know many of these teams are still playing and not quite ready to think about next year, but we are not and I am. So I will ask anyone with any knowledge of what these teams have coming back to give me a little preview. I know Western has the top rushing offense in the state, but I don't know what they have coming back. I thought Cumberland had a lot of seniors, but I may be mistaken. Campbellsville was a little down this year, but I think they were young, so they will probably be improved. We played them a couple of times back in the 90's and they beat us pretty convincingly.

 

I personally believe Lynn Camp will be much improved next year, assuming a good offseason (which we didn't get last year). We still may not have a great record early but we should be good come playoff time.

 

 

Cumberland ended the year with six seniors. They lose some good skilled guys like Washington, Cornett, Vicini and Shepherd, but they return all their linemen. I'd still put Cumberland ahead of Lynn Camp, considering that Lynn Camp lost several of its top linemen.

 

Williamsburg gets wiped out by graduation, and Harlan loses a lot of very good players.

We actually only lose around 1/2 of our line or less and have some very good replacements, along with Mike Hall returning from an injury for his senior season, PLUS we have almost every single skill player & Wagner and Joe Roskoph back, so I'd say Cumberland and LC may be a whole lot closer than you think.

Williamsburg does graduate some very good players but 9 of thier 22 starters are Freshman , Sophs and thier Fresh QB is going to be very good along with some very good young receivers. LC will be favored in the new district with Cville 2nd and Wburg battling for 3rd with Clinton and Berea.

Our like our schedule next season, opening up with a good Lou. Western team, also good to see the likes of Middlesboro and Hazard on the schedule along with our old district rivals. It will also be fun to see the Whitley and Lynn Camp game so late in the season, when that has been played in late Aug, or early to mid Sept.

We actually only lose around 1/2 of our line or less and have some very good replacements, along with Mike Hall returning from an injury for his senior season, PLUS we have almost every single skill player & Wagner and Joe Roskoph back, so I'd say Cumberland and LC may be a whole lot closer than you think.

 

 

I didn't say there was a huge gap. I think they lose about the same as far as talent, but Cumberland was better to begin with.

 

I have 11 seniors on my Lynn Camp roster. Brian Slusher was one of the best linemen I saw this year, and I believe Mitchell told me that Justin Gorsuch was the leading tackler. Of the 12 linemen listed, six are seniors and three are freshmen.

I didn't say there was a huge gap. I think they lose about the same as far as talent, but Cumberland was better to begin with.

 

I have 11 seniors on my Lynn Camp roster. Brian Slusher was one of the best linemen I saw this year, and I believe Mitchell told me that Justin Gorsuch was the leading tackler. Of the 12 linemen listed, six are seniors and three are freshmen.

 

 

Lynn Camp will return some pretty good lineman next year. Lynn Camp really missed Michael Hall this season, Steven Davis, and Josh Baker also return up front. Baker and Davis, saw a large number of minutes on the Oline. Lynn Camp will be hurting at linebacker, losing Scott Bray and Justin Gorsurch, are going to hurt. Sidney Wagner was starting to come alive when he got hurt, losing him until the last game, played a major part in LC not making the playoffs.

One of the listed seniors was gone after the M'boro game. That left us with 10. One of the receivers was listed as a senior and only got into 2 games because of knee injuries. We're going to be in good shape on the line. Skills all back. I'll agree with LC 99 about linebakers. Someone will have to step up. I'd love to see Kyle Scalf moved to LB.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.