Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Central vs Lincoln Co. ...playoff rematch

Featured Replies

These two will go after it again this Friday in the first round of the playoffs. Lincoln Co is playing really well...see them moving on to round #2. Best of luck to both teams.

 

Your thoughts....

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... as a LC fan I`m bias, but given the first score ya gotta go with the Patriots. The Indians have got a good team and a lot of talent, as always.:thumb:

Well, I picked MC last week. And we can all say that didn't go very well. So I'll take LC 34-14

Who does the winner of this game play?

 

Im taking LC 33-13

  • Author
Who does the winner of this game play?

 

Im taking LC 33-13

 

The winner of the GRC vs Montgomery Co game.

The winner of the GRC vs Montgomery Co game.

 

Thanks, is there a complete bracket available on the khsaa site yet?

Thanks, is there a complete bracket available on the khsaa site yet?

yea just looked at it...i think everyone here knows though...its very difficult to beat a team 2 times in one year...this was a good dynamic to add to the playoffs...ill say its much closer this time...my very early prediction

 

Lincoln County 34

Madison Central 21

I hate the way the playoffs are set up this year. I know why it was done, but I still think it is foolish to have to play the same team twice in a week. To go undefeated in the season in District play means nothing with this system.

to me it sets up like the conference title games in college...it kinda backs up whether a team won because of a fluke or they were simply the better team

to me it sets up like the conference title games in college...it kinda backs up whether a team won because of a fluke or they were simply the better team

 

I think this friday night in Death Valley will truely show!!!!:ylsuper:

Lincoln County 24

Madison Central 14

If Madison Central, played Lincoln Co, 5 more games, they would lose every one, Central, D, gives up way to much real estate. And I know Coach, Kenny T, and his staff knew what they were up agaist in the frist game, and I'm sure they know whats going to happen this game. It's all about stopping the run. So if Central can Keep Miller out of the end zone, contain and slow down # 5, that would give MC, a shot for a upset. But thats abig if, LC, WINS 28 - 7

to me it sets up like the conference title games in college...it kinda backs up whether a team won because of a fluke or they were simply the better team

 

While I don't think it is a fluke that Lincoln County won, they are not that much better than Central. I will say the only player I have seen all year better than Miller and Calhoun is Kramer from Highlands.

 

As for the game: Central misses two field goals in the 1st half, (which I think they should have gone for with the bad field conditions, but that is beside the point) and is going into the half trailing 12-0 when the crazy play with the fumble and TD occurs with no time on the clock. I thought that killed the Indians, and Lincoln dominated the 3rd quarter to put the game out of reach 34-0.

 

Lincoln exposed a weakness that MC has had all year, stopping the run. Whether they were playing Dunbar, Whitley County, Highlands, or Lincoln County; they can't seem to stop a simple running play. It's bad schemes, bad tackling, and no heart. You don't have much of a chance to win if you give up over 360 yards to 2 running backs. Especially when Lincoln was only running 3 plays: veer, trap, and fullback dive.

 

If Central's defense doesn't drastically improve by Friday night, it won't matter how many points the offense can score.

the most impressive improvement to the Lincoln offense has been the passing game it isnt overwhelming but it can burn you if you decide to load the box on the run

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.