Bowling Green 51 Franklin-Simpson 6

PurpleHaze

The Purples scored a school record three safeties in this one. Senior RB Avery Hibbitt leaves this game less than 80 yards away from becoming BGHS's all time leading rusher.

I didn't take my clipboard tonight because of the threat of rain that never came, so I didn't write down any scoring. I'll get the line score from the Park City Daily News in the morning and share it.

The win was the 40th in the series with Big Blue, which started in 1944 and has been played at least once each year since except for 1953. The Purples have now won seven in a row against the Wildcats, one short of their record of eight from 1944 through 1950.

Next week, the Purples will host Allen Co-Scottsville, whom they beat 36-6 in Scottsville on 13 October. Big Blue will make a return trip to Warren East next week. They lost to the Raiders 44-30 on 13 October.

Sic 'em, Purple!!:D

Thank you for the Bowling Green updates. It's hard to find out what's going on with my alma mater in Central KY. I look for the weekly Purple Haze BG High update every Friday. Thanks for keeping me informed.

Bowling Green Purples 2006

"Unfinished Business"

I don't mean to hi-jack but have a question. Do all people from BG consider it to be in Central KY? I only ask because I have seen others on here refer to it as Central KY and I have always thought of it as part of Western KY.

I don't mean to hi-jack but have a question. Do all people from BG consider it to be in Central KY? I only ask because I have seen others on here refer to it as Central KY and I have always thought of it as part of Western KY.

Good Question, Im in Hoptown and I consider this Western KY, but I am sure our friends in Mayfield and Fulton are truely in western ky. Lets say BG is West Central KY!!!!:thumb: