Corbin 61 Garrard Co 6

Reviewed who you folks have played and points allowed .... really long trip ..

To play with the devils need a physical defensive front 7 who can run and a secondary who can tackle 200 lb backs and also defend the pass ... Tall order for a road game on the Ohio River ...

This possible matchup is way too many weeks away to worry about, in my opinion. No gaurantees that Corbin OR Russell will advance to matchup.

Good win verse a very poor team. DO we play them again this week at home.

This is a horrible play off system.

You are right, very poor. At least next year we will be in a real district with some competition. I think this district has hurt the Hounds more than it helped over the years.

So far this year even though they have been recorded as losses the 'big' teams that were supposed to dominate corbin did not. Then again the ones who were not supposed too gave us trouble. If in the instance that corbin and russell both made it to play up in ashland i think i would be a very good game. Rock all you heard was very very big a physical and they would control the line of scrimmage and run wild, it didn't happen. Same with Bell and Middlesboro, allthough middlesboro did run a little wild b/cof speed corbin kept up on the offensive side of the ball. Hopefully if that game is the case corbin has matured in to alot better of a ball team and will rise to the occassion and play another great ballgame against another great team. I watched Russell play last year in louisvill and they were very good and physical so they have only gotten better. I look forward to it. We have to conquer the task at hand to have the oppurtunity to proove our selves first.

Russell's backfield causes me to pose a question. Are the backs more along the lines of power backs with decent speed or speedsters? I'm sure they have good speed but I was just curious if you could consider them speedsters or not. If it is more of a power game, I like Corbin's chances better than if they were get tot he outside break away guys.

The reason I ask is one of Corbin's most dominant players excell against the power teams. Michael Campbell is an animal on the D line against backs that do not have break away speed. I look for him to have big games when we play against up the middle running teams.