Open Job: Mason County

Scooter Charles??? Developed who???

I don't know about player development. But he beat Mason County multiple times with inferior talent at Bracken. And has a real knowledge of the game, his teams play smart, quality baseball.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scooter didn't do anything with the middle school program or the youth programs. Won 2 district tournaments in an awful district. Yep, that's what Mason Co needs.

Got rid of a guy that actually tried to do things with baseball year round for a February to May coach, I just dont see it .

Coaching is more than knowing baseball. Coaching is knowing your talent and getting them better.

Scooter didn't do anything with the middle school program or the youth programs. Won 2 district tournaments in an awful district. Yep, that's what Mason Co needs.

Got rid of a guy that actually tried to do things with baseball year round for a February to May coach, I just dont see it .

Coaching is more than knowing baseball. Coaching is knowing your talent and getting them better.

Tough to say about a guy that had nothing but success during his time there. Must have been doing something right, Bracken's district was probably tougher during his years there than it ever was in the past.

Who is McClanahan and why would he be a better option for the Royals? I sense that is really what you are trying to say by reading your posts.

Is either even interested?

Obviously you aren’t a fan of his. That’s fine.

But any coach that beats Mason county from Brooksville is no slouch.

Not to mention, you seem to be in the corner of a guy who has no varsity coaching experience. I have no dog in this fight. Just don’t like seeing good coaches criticized.

What was the Bracken County program like before Scooter took over?

What was the Bracken County program like before Scooter took over?

BAD. Also had a good run of talent with him from 2012-2017. Kevin McClanahan played baseball at Bracken from about 89-94. Won 5 district championships as a player and I think played at NKU. While he would be a good candidate, I don’t know if his current job would allow him to. Both of his kids play baseball and basketball at Bracken County.

Won 2 district tournaments in an awful district. Yep, that's what Mason Co needs.

Also beat an NAIA pitcher and two Division 1 pitcher to win two districts. Outcoached? Maybe. But it still shouldn’t be overlooked the coaching mistakes that weren’t made against Scott in the region tournament a couple years ago.

Chris Ullery is the AD and Kevin Mcclanahan is a long shot. I do believe hed be good with the kids, but every time I've heard anything from him, work wouldn't allow him to do the job.

By the way, when did Mason Co become this juggernaut of a baseball program where beating them was such a huge success? LOL

Good coach criticized? All coaches are criticized. Scooter won the district with a bunch of sophomores and then badly underachieved their Junior and senior years.

They did not get better.

From all that I've heard, that was the problem with Posey, the kids never got better.

And I'm not for any coach that ive seen here. I think they should look for a head assistant from a power BASEBALL school to hire.

New thinking and new ideas.

D-1 pitching means nothing if team around them are not that good. Alot of D-1 pitchers aren't great pitchers in high school, they just throw hard.

If you played high level baseball, you know this.

Edited by bugatti