Open Job: Mason County

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D-1 pitching means nothing if team around them are not that good. Alot of D-1 pitchers aren't great pitchers in high school, they just throw hard.

If you played high level baseball, you know this.

I feel like I'm talking to Scooters agent.

A D1 pitcher is in control every at bat. A D1 hitter is in control 1 in every 9 at bats.

And I’m pretty sure D1 pitchers are good pitchers in high school?

I feel like I’m talking to someone who has never watched baseball.

A D1 pitcher is in control every at bat. A D1 hitter is in control 1 in every 9 at bats.

And I’m pretty sure D1 pitchers are good pitchers in high school?

I feel like I’m talking to someone who has never watched baseball.

My thoughts exactly! I just didn't want to say it.

Just because you watch the Reds doesn't mean you know baseball. lol

Good pitchers can throw no hitters and still get beat. A 1 to 0 game can still be a loss to the greatest pitcher in the world. I have played with "D-1" pitchers that sure didn't go 20 and 0 in their pitching career.

You guys are basing a coaching career on winning nothing!

God bless you and the Scooter Charles bandwagon. I honestly hope he gets the Mason job so that you will be happy with winning pathetic district tournaments. I hope for your sake you get that 1 Region game win, so it's all worth it.

Chris and Seth want a coach that developed players. They want a coach that develops the youth programs.

These are things that Scooter NEVER did at Bracken County.

Edited by bugatti

Just because you watch the reds doesn't mean you know baseball. lol

Good pitchers can throw no hitters and still get beat. A 1 to 0 game can still be a loss to the greatest pitcher in the world. I have played with "D-1" pitchers that sure didn't go 20 and 0 in their pitching career.

You guys are basing a coaching career on winning nothing!

God bless you and the Scooter Charles bandwagon. I honestly hope he gets the Mason job so that you will be happy with winning pathetic district tournaments. I hope for your sake you get that 1 Region game win, so it's all worth it.

Chris and Seth want a coach that developed players. They want a coach that develops the youth programs.

These are things that Scooter NEVER did at Bracken County.

Scooter must’ve done something because he basically picked 9 kids out of the tabacco fields and cattle barns to beat Mason County.

I don’t know who Mason County is wanting? Not a lot of people are banging down the door to coach at a school always second to basketball. Or a school with blatant loss of common sense when designing their baseball field that is one of the worst in the region. I mean come on this job isn’t attractive by any means. Mason County would be estatatic if Scooter was able to coach there.

Very often para-professionals (with full-time jobs) are just not able to devote the time needed to develop the full potential of young players. Despite the coach's good intentions and abilities, the realities of providing for the family can be obstacles difficult to overcome.

• 2 weeks later...