2018 KHSAA 2A State Track & Field Championships

Today's action begin's at 4:00 with the girls Discus Throw and the Unified 4x100M Relay.

The weather projections look fair until 8:00 or so when the heavy stuff begins to roll in.

If you're at the meet, give us a shout out and please post updates here.

The KHSAA's live results link > Meet Results

Are more trophies headed back to Titletown? The Boyle County boys team is stacked, with Lex Cath and last year's champ Mercer Co. in pursuit. The defending champion Lady Rebels look to be in a close meet, with Paducah Tilghman, Highlands, John Hardin and Mercer Co. all in the hunt.

Edited by Runcible Owl

I'm looking forward to the boys 100M Dash in about 10 minutes. Who is the state's top 2A sprinter?

For you football fans, lining up in the fastest section - Milton Wright (JR), WR at CAL; Jayden Freeman (SO), RB from Paducah Tilghman; Connor Newhouse (JR), RB at North Oldham; Nick Veneman, (SR) WR from Highlands.

Edited by Runcible Owl
Info added.

This could be an erratic stop/start night. They were ready to resume just after 7:00. The meet is currently on a delay due to lightning. Up and running by 8:00?

The latest update from the KHSAA > Twitter

From looking at the radar it looks like this won’t stop until 10 or 11. At what point do they postpone the AA meet? Do you think they will push back the AAA tomorrow or would they do the AA after the AAA tomorrow evening or possibly Sunday? Looks like we (AAA) are going to be dealing with the same mess tomorrow too..... I’d hate for any kid to not get to run their event like AAA 4x400 last year. I hope they have a contingency plan in place.

From looking at the radar it looks like this won’t stop until 10 or 11. At what point do they postpone the AA meet? Do you think they will push back the AAA tomorrow or would they do the AA after the AAA tomorrow evening or possibly Sunday? Looks like we (AAA) are going to be dealing with the same mess tomorrow too..... I’d hate for any kid to not get to run their event like AAA 4x400 last year. I hope they have a contingency plan in place.

Just got my answer via twitter. Postponed until tomorrow after AAA....

Twitter

I'm looking forward to the boys 100M Dash in about 10 minutes. Who is the state's top 2A sprinter?

For you football fans, lining up in the fastest section - Milton Wright (JR), WR at CAL; Jayden Freeman (SO), RB from Paducah Tilghman; Connor Newhouse (JR), RB at North Oldham; Nick Veneman, (SR) from Highlands.

Can't wait to see how this one plays out. 6 or 7 guys in the 100 who can win it.

From the KHSAA -

UPDATED: 5/18/2018, 8:00 PM (ET)

STATE TRACK & FIELD

Due to current conditions and the forecast for the rest of Friday evening, the remainder of the 2A Meet will be postponed until Saturday. The 2A Meet will resume at approximately 4 p.m. (weather permitting) on a rolling schedule. Tickets purchased Friday for the 2A Meet will be honored Saturday with a ticket stub.

The 3A Meet will start as scheduled at 10 a.m., with the 4x800 re-seeded to one heat. The 3A Meet will then proceed on a rolling schedule, weather permitting.