Golden State 119 Houston 106 - Western Conference Finals (Game 1)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhhh, Paul, Ray and KG were still pretty damn good. Back 9 for sure but Kobe was on the back 9 of his career and when the Big 3 formed it was Celtics, Lakers, Lakers winning the next three titles. LeBron had to go to Miami to beat the Big 3. It’s not like they were washed.

Not washed by any means, but effectively the Celtics had one season of a decently healthy roster and they won it all. Following that first run it was a yearly hobble along, despite going to seven games against the Lakers a couple years after their title. I attribute it to them being in the East and veteran moxy.

No matter how you slice it, LeBron/Wade/Bosh were much more star-studded and at a higher level than Pierce/Garnett/Allen at the points of their formation. Pierce was becoming just another T-Mac and ready to be kicked out of Boston, Garnett had won nothing, and Allen was coming off an injury when they teamed-up. Doc Rivers was on the verge of being fired. Again. LeBron was an MVP, Wade a Finals MVP and scoring machine, and Bosh was coming off a 24 and 11 campaign and had been second team all NBA.

Golden State. Yeah, that is a Super Super team. KD has become almost insufferable with his smugness. But I will take that in the Finals over the Houston Isolationists.

Not washed by any means, but effectively the Celtics had one season of a decently healthy roster and they won it all. Following that first run it was a yearly hobble along, despite going to seven games against the Lakers a couple years after their title. I attribute it to them being in the East and veteran moxy.

No matter how you slice it, LeBron/Wade/Bosh were much more star-studded and at a higher level than Pierce/Garnett/Allen at the points of their formation. Pierce was becoming just another T-Mac and ready to be kicked out of Boston, Garnett had won nothing, and Allen was coming off an injury when they teamed-up. Doc Rivers was on the verge of being fired. Again. LeBron was an MVP, Wade a Finals MVP and scoring machine, and Bosh was coming off a 24 and 11 campaign and had been second team all NBA.

Golden State. Yeah, that is a Super Super team. KD has become almost insufferable with his smugness. But I will take that in the Finals over the Houston Isolationists.

Yes, when the Miami Big 3 was formed it was better than the Celtics Big 3 on paper and but the Celtics Big 3 was a force all four years they were intact. And when they took the Lakers 7 games the injury that hurt them was Kendrick Perkins and he is only one year older than Rondo. Again, LeBron couldn’t beat them so he went to Miami.

Quit making me defend Boston.

Yes, when the Miami Big 3 was formed it was better than the Celtics Big 3 on paper and but the Celtics Big 3 was a force all four years they were intact. And when they took the Lakers 7 games the injury that hurt them was Kendrick Perkins and he is only one year older than Rondo. Again, LeBron couldn’t beat them so he went to Miami.

Quit making me defend Boston.

How in the hell do you think it makes me feel defending LeBron? I have already puked twice this afternoon.

Let's move on.

Just tired of seeing Golden State, no other reason.

I would be with you if it wasn't Houston. Durant has turned into the King of all Jerkiness. He is too good to be talking to the media and likes to let them know it.