Direct TV Changes

plantmanky

No, the last time I looked it over it was garbage compared to cable.

It's gotten better. I swore I would never get it again until they improved it. They seem to have done so. Have had it for a little over a month, no issues thus far and the package I have is similar to what I had with DirecTv.

My guide just switched over last night. It is different, but I’m not having any trouble seeing anything or experiencing any slow navigation. Really, I think it looks pretty good, and I like how they’ve added a quick search/filter tab to the main menu rather than having it buried in a different screen.

I don't have line of sight so I ended up with cable but my Spectrum Cable kicks tail.

Wish I could say the same. The equipment is absolute junk. Single breaks up all the time, tried renting a movie the other night and it keep saying it was unavailable although it did rent the movie. Rebooted the box and finally got the movie to come on and it was breaking up. Couldn't even watch it. The box in our bed room randomly will have channels not come in and it won't show Showtime even though we pay for it. These are all basically brand new boxes. Their customer service is the worst of any company I've ever dealt with.

Wish I could say the same. The equipment is absolute junk. Single breaks up all the time, tried renting a movie the other night and it keep saying it was unavailable although it did rent the movie. Rebooted the box and finally got the movie to come on and it was breaking up. Couldn't even watch it. The box in our bed room randomly will have channels not come in and it won't show Showtime even though we pay for it. These are all basically brand new boxes. Their customer service is the worst of any company I've ever dealt with.

Outside of Guru, everyone I know of that has Spectrum shares your frustrations and feelings. Really really poor product.

Outside of Guru, everyone I know of that has Spectrum shares your frustrations and feelings. Really really poor product.

I did a lot of research on it a few years ago and found that when I went into Specturm's office (it was something else at the time) the people in there had no clue what I was talking about. After some calling back and forth I finally found someone that had updated training and knew what I knew about their new equipment at the time. They came and installed it and I have NEVER had any issues period and the picture and DVR are both awesome.

The only positive I can give them is they basically never have an interruption in their service, meaning it goes down completely. Other than that they are a garbage company. And you would think with the prices they charge they should be the gold standard but you would be wrong.