Dugout chatter.... when is it too much?

I've always wondered why certain conduct is allowed in high school sports but not others.

Can you imagine three guys at the free throw line yelling for the free throw shooter to miss it, but they can yell for the batter to swing?

What about basketball players meeting in the circle and hugging after every point like they do in volleyball?

Or basketball players yelling at the refs the way soccer players are allowed in soccer.

Gal I work with was a UCLA cheerleader. Whenever a team made it to the NCAA's they sent some cheerleaders. Well one year the Golf team (or player) made a run. She said she felt so awkward watching a golf match in her cheerleading outfit. No she didn't do any cheers.

I've always wondered why certain conduct is allowed in high school sports but not others.

Can you imagine three guys at the free throw line yelling for the free throw shooter to miss it, but they can yell for the batter to swing?

What about basketball players meeting in the circle and hugging after every point like they do in volleyball?

Or basketball players yelling at the refs the way soccer players are allowed in soccer.

Nice.

Gal I work with was a UCLA cheerleader. Whenever a team made it to the NCAA's they sent some cheerleaders. Well one year the Golf team (or player) made a run. She said she felt so awkward watching a golf match in her cheerleading outfit. No she didn't do any cheers.

And I'll bet she was a distraction, just the same.