Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Walton-Verona 2018

Featured Replies

What does Walton-Verona need to do to improve in 2018? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Was hoping to see some activity here... skill positions look deep. Need some incoming juniors to step up on the line on both sides of the ball.

Steady stream of RB's come through this program that are highlighted with WingT principles. I think Coach Barth has created a winning culture and he and his team are dominating district foes. Curious to what is needed or what it will take to get to the next level (competing for the region.) Resources are there from what I have seen.

Walton needs to be able to open the passing game up. Garrett Jones has a really nice ball and Pardee should be a big target, being 6'4. Johnny Martin should be a key player on the offense side of the ball.

Walton needs to be able to open the passing game up. Garrett Jones has a really nice ball and Pardee should be a big target, being 6'4. Johnny Martin should be a key player on the offense side of the ball.

 

Need to block before anything else. Need some people to step up on the line or the rest does not matter.

You're absolutely correct on that. I believe Barth will have it figured out by the time games come around.

Steady stream of RB's come through this program that are highlighted with WingT principles. I think Coach Barth has created a winning culture and he and his team are dominating district foes. Curious to what is needed or what it will take to get to the next level (competing for the region.) Resources are there from what I have seen.

 

I would like to see W-V step up their scheduling a bit

 

Their schedule last year was not bad by any means, a very good LCA and an "up" KCD.

 

But when you share a class with teams like CAL, DeSales,Mayfield, and Danville you have got to really push yourself, especially when your District is usually going to be pretty "meh".

 

I'd like to see W-V replace teams like Holmes, Cov Holy Cross, and Bellevue and upgrade those spots.

 

Maybe get one of the NKY 6A teams like a Conner or Dixie Heights, try to get a Beechwood or one of the better small schools in Cincy, maybe try to snag either a Lexington Public 6A school or a team like Madison Central.

 

I understand why Coach Barth scheduled like he has to this point and it was the right thing to do. Get wins, build confidence, get kids out.... but now that they are sustaining success it is time to take the next step.

I would like to see W-V step up their scheduling a bit

 

Their schedule last year was not bad by any means, a very good LCA and an "up" KCD.

 

But when you share a class with teams like CAL, DeSales,Mayfield, and Danville you have got to really push yourself, especially when your District is usually going to be pretty "meh".

 

I'd like to see W-V replace teams like Holmes, Cov Holy Cross, and Bellevue and upgrade those spots.

 

Maybe get one of the NKY 6A teams like a Conner or Dixie Heights, try to get a Beechwood or one of the better small schools in Cincy, maybe try to snag either a Lexington Public 6A school or a team like Madison Central.

 

I understand why Coach Barth scheduled like he has to this point and it was the right thing to do. Get wins, build confidence, get kids out.... but now that they are sustaining success it is time to take the next step.

 

Yeah I get where your going but some of those teams ie Holy Cross were having down years. I think their schedule is good for now with the addition of Newport Catholic being put on next years schedule. The district schedule has not helped getting ready for playoffs the last couple of years but hopefully things will get better with our district foes. I think Carroll County will be better this year and others.

I agree, playing teams like Dixie, Scott. Conner would definitely help. These guys played these kids in pee wee and middle school so should not be a big change. Last couple of years has either been big blow out games or got beat pretty solidly... my concern is these boys don't get challenged enough to compete in a real even matched game. Don't get me wrong, this group of juniors and seniors have tremendous heart and talent, but could get too comfy.

I would like to see W-V step up their scheduling a bit.

 

With Trimble County dropping their program several northern Kentucky schools needed games. According to the article linked below from the Cincinnati Enquirer it appears Walton-Verona has picked up a game with Paintsville on September 28. However, this hasn't been updated on the KHSAA schedule (Walton stills shows itself playing Trimble County). Can anyone confirm? This would be a good matchup for both squads.

 

Walton-Verona announced Wednesday that it would play Paintsville on Sept. 28 and move its original bye week to Oct. 5. Paintsville is a Class 1A power in eastern Kentucky and had only nine games scheduled coming into the season.

 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/high-school/high-school-sports/2018/08/06/walton-verona-dayton-football-looking-fill-schedule/917063002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

With Trimble County dropping their program several northern Kentucky schools needed games. According to the article linked below from the Cincinnati Enquirer it appears Walton-Verona has picked up a game with Paintsville on September 28. However, this hasn't been updated on the KHSAA schedule (Walton stills shows itself playing Trimble County). Can anyone confirm? This would be a good matchup for both squads.

 

Walton-Verona announced Wednesday that it would play Paintsville on Sept. 28 and move its original bye week to Oct. 5. Paintsville is a Class 1A power in eastern Kentucky and had only nine games scheduled coming into the season.

 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/high-school/high-school-sports/2018/08/06/walton-verona-dayton-football-looking-fill-schedule/917063002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

 

I've heard the same.

This is true, Walton has picked up Paintsville to replace Trimble County. This game will be played at Walton-Verona on the 28th of September. I believe kickoff is at 7:30!

Nice pickup for both teams

Nice pickup for both teams

 

Very nice. Both teams will benefit.

This is true, Walton has picked up Paintsville to replace Trimble County. This game will be played at Walton-Verona on the 28th of September. I believe kickoff is at 7:30!

 

I may roll down to Verona-Mudlick Road for that one.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.