Reds and 3B Eugenio Suárez have agreed to terms on a 7-year contract extension

Ok' date='I'll be the one to urinate on this deal. I like Suarez. if I'm him,I'm jumping at the deal. BUT.......lol, here it comes guy's. I'm not crazy about the deal strictly on the years. I guess the reds haven't learned anything from the Homer Bailey deal.And yes,i realize Bailey is a pitcher,but .....to me,locking guy's up for anything more than three to four years is nuts!!!! Too many things can happen. He could tank,get injured,as other people have stated here,you have options coming up also. As i said,i like Suarez,but i get tired of teams dishing out long term deals,for short term success. the Jerry Narron deal comes to mine. i think they may still be paying Griffey jr.. if it's just three or four years,i can see it. i hope it works out. I'm hoping management has a plan,and knows what their doing,but i don't have a lot of faith at this point. I will give the reds the benefit of the doubt though. What the hell,it's not my money!!!...lol!!! Can't wait for opening day. "PLAY BALL BOYS" !!!![/quote']

Why would players with any decent talent at all only sign for 3 years when there are longer deals and more money out there?

Again.... I'm not talkin about the players!!!! as I said ' date='I don't blame them for you getting what they can get. I'm talking about management!!!# it's just the way franchises do business now. Just my humble opinion. ....lol![/quote']

It's the way franchises do business because they have to if they want to sign the players with any talent.