Reds Spring Training 2018

Coach112

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amir Garrett is making a strong statement! In his first outing I believe he went two innings, 6 up and 6 down with five strikeouts. Today he has faced six hitters and has six strikeouts. Lawdy have mercy!

I like Garrett, a lot. I think he can become a very good pitcher & think he could take a big step forward this year.

Turner 0 for 14 so far. What are the Reds going to do with Turner? Can they send him to AAA without the possibility of losing him?

I believe they can now since they kept him on the active roster all of last year. My question, why did they keep him? Is our catching prospects that bad? What happen to the kid from Clemson?

I believe they can now since they kept him on the active roster all of last year. My question, why did they keep him? Is our catching prospects that bad? What happen to the kid from Clemson?

He's at high A Daytona, 23 years old. He still hasn't proven he can hit in the minors but is high on their prospects list. He hit .300 for his career at Clemson so maybe there's still time for him. I don't think catcher is a high priority anymore with Barnhart doing a great job and hitting for a decent average. They will have to make a decision soon on Mesoraco as this is his last year under contract @ $13.125m. He's a FA next year and I can't see them resigning him for anything near that.