February 2, 20188 yr Hilltoppers win their 5th straight on the road and improve to 16-6 overall and 8-1 in Conference USA to remain a 1/2 game behind MTSU for 1st place. Justin Johnson led the way with 20 points and 12 rebounds while Taveion Hollingsworth scored 17 points including 5 three point baskets all in the second half. Up next WKU heads to UTSA on Saturday afternoon for what should be a pretty good game. UTSA has back to back wins over UAB and Marshall. With this win WKU surpasses their win total from a year ago. No chance they will be a better team this year then last though ;)
February 2, 20188 yr Wait, you think they were better last year? Haha I think he was mocking posters on this board who said they would be shocked if this team would do any better than WKU's team last year, which was one of the worst in our history going 15-17.
February 2, 20188 yr Author I made a comment early in the season that this team was leaps and bounds ahead of last years team talent and athleticism wise. A poster told me there was no way they would be better. I just like to throw it out there as a dig every once in a while. No harm meant.
February 2, 20188 yr Author Depends on how they finish out I don't see them any higher then a 11 or 12. If they were to win out and then lose in the conference championship I think they have a shot at an at large. Obviously winning then conference tournament would be much better but CUSA is tough this year, especially at the top.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.