NFL Cracking Down on a New Celebration

I would think if you're celebrating with your teammates it would be better than celebrating by yourself. I think that's how they do it in college, not really sure though. I think they're more likely to flag if it is a solo celebration than if it is a team celebration.

I do have a problem with the TO ball signing, or palm palm dance, or Joe Horn's cell phone celebration. I do not have a problem with many of Chad Johnsons celebrations or with the "jump shot" celebration by the Giants. They're doing something good, and they're celebrating together. The NFL SHOULD ban some of the celebrations, but banning the others is just wrong and excessive.

What were the odds you'd think what the Giants are doing is okay?

And what the heck is a palm palm?

What were the odds you'd think what the Giants are doing is okay?

And what the heck is a palm palm?

Since you chose not to read the rest of my posts (obviously) I said that I don't mind any of Chad Johnson's celebrations...I also dont mind any of Steve Smith's. Thanks for trying though...

I guess I should have said "pom pom" instead? Not sure how to spell it...I was never a cheerleader. I apologize for that.

It used to be you knew a player was good because of what they did on the field consistently. Now we know a player is good because they tell us they are.

And when they get that 2 seconds of fame because they made one tackle the whole game you would have thought they just won the Super Bowl.

Maybe this No Fun League you guys are talking about is getting the NFL to the point it would resemble a GSL. Good Sportsmanship League.

I think that is one of the reasons why I like golf so much. No grown men out there acting stupid because they caught a pass or made a tackle with 8 minutes left to go in the 3rd quarter.

Good cover up in prefixing that earlier. Can't slip it by me though....

:laugh: Because YOU know all? Should we bow to you? :laugh: Get over yourself. I've stated many times that while I don't particularly love all of CJ's celebrations, I've never had a problem with them. I do NOT think they should be banned. I have stated publicly on here that I'm against the cell phone celebration, the sharpie, etc..

Believe what you want to believe...but you are dead wrong. Sorry if that makes you feel bad...

It used to be you knew a player was good because of what they did on the field consistently. Now we know a player is good because they tell us they are.

And when they get that 2 seconds of fame because they made one tackle the whole game you would have thought they just won the Super Bowl.

Maybe this No Fun League you guys are talking about is getting the NFL to the point it would resemble a GSL. Good Sportsmanship League.

I think that is one of the reasons why I like golf so much. No grown men out there acting stupid because they caught a pass or made a tackle with 8 minutes left to go in the 3rd quarter.

What's wrong with celebrating with your team, or having a little fun? That's all any guy is out there doing when they celebrate! If I did something good at my work, and I wanted to celebrate for doing so...I would not want to get penalized for it.

The NFL needs to quit worrying about players having a little fun with the crowd, and start cracking down on guys kicking another player in the face with a cleat.:mad: Somebody needs to get their priorities straight.

Personally, I like the Giants "jump shot" celebration. It's unique and I hope to see it during the game on Monday night.

What's wrong with celebrating with your team, or having a little fun? That's all any guy is out there doing when they celebrate! If I did something good at my work, and I wanted to celebrate for doing so...I would not want to get penalized for it.

Celebration with respect, no problem.

Getting your first sack in the 3rd game of the year with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and you are jumping and shaking like you have a crab in your underwear is ridiculous. Heck it's getting to the point that we are seeing someone make a sack in the FIRST preseason game and they act like they just made the saving tackle in the Super Bowl.

Celebration with respect, no problem.

Getting your first sack in the 3rd game of the year with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and you are jumping and shaking like you have a crab in your underwear is ridiculous. Heck it's getting to the point that we are seeing someone make a sack in the FIRST preseason game and they act like they just made the saving tackle in the Super Bowl.

It's called having fun. Maybe we should just put shock collars on them and shock them every time they try to have fun. That'd stop the "problem". Does this really hurt the image of the game? No. Cell phones and sharpies do.