Enzo Amore suspended by WWE amidst sexual assault allegations

Pro Wrestling Sheet has confirmed WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore is being investigated by police in Arizona for allegedly raping a woman last year inside a hotel room. The woman — who didn’t want to be named — came forward with her story on Twitter today and shared graphic details of the alleged assault that she says took place back in October.

Then WWE's response:

A rep for WWE tells us, “WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving sexual harassment or sexual assault. Until this matter is resolved, Eric Arndt (aka Enzo Amore) has been suspended.”

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/enzo-amore-rape-allegations/#.Wmc-0ainGUl

I'm guessing with all the sexual assault stuff of late, WWE wanted to rid itself of anything along those lines.

They "came to terms" with each other so it sounds like the WWE paid him and released him.

It feels a little odd to me.

Listened to a couple of wrestling podcasts, and the belief was that Enzo was suspended because the investigation began in October & Enzo never notified WWE about it until it became more public.

Who knows whether that's true.

Read this as well. I also saw a post on a wrestling news/rumors site that said Enzo had asked to come to terms on a release recently to focus on a rap career. Good luck with that.