Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Worse Than Gay Marriage?

Featured Replies

@Jackie Ed I am a God-fearing Christian Man. I live in a pluralist society where everyone has the right to live their life the way they see fit w/o fear of being harrassed or victimized. Its one of the best things about our society. The majority of Christians I have met over the course of my life feel the same way; but there are some people that spew hate. I would not call them hypocrites because they never actually claim to be open and loving in the first place.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Opponents of same-sex marriage/gay marriage often cite the Bible as their basis and feel that it is a sin.

 

If you are against gay marriage do you cnsider the following less of a sin than gay marriage:

 

Infidelity

Divorce

Spousal abuse

 

Before anyone says "all sins are bad" let's remember that we don't have laws for all sins and we don't base our personal beliefs in every day life on all sins.

 

I am curious as to how humans rationalize.

 

I guess as the one who started this thread I should jump back in. My question centers around grading, if you will, sin level. Can you be against gay marriage and look at it as a sin. Is it any worse than divorce? Is it any worse than infidelity?

 

I think most people that view gay marriage as a sin do view it as a worse sin than infidelity but I'm not sure how that's justified.

@ColonelPops It is not any worse than divorce or infidelity. The people who think that it is, probably have ulterior motives.

I think most people that view gay marriage as a sin do view it as a worse sin than infidelity but I'm not sure how that's justified.

 

maybe... but that's not what it looked like to me as i read through the thread. I think most of the people who would say that would do it from emotion rather than from a Biblical platform.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.