Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wright State 84 Northern Kentucky 81

Featured Replies

NKU lost a tight one last night. I didn't get to see the majority of the game, but it looked like they were down by about 12-14 early in the first half and clawed their way back in it, even taking the lead several times in the second half. Just couldn't get it done.

 

Todd Benzinger's son went off for 30+ for Wright State.

 

Very solid crowd there last night for the Norse. Makes me proud to see the student section as large as it was. Come a long way from the first couple season in BOKC when you were lucky to have 75-100 students there.

 

Next up for the Norse, a home game on Monday night at 7:30pm vs Cleveland State. Need to bounce back to the win column.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game changed when the Norse were up 5 in the second half and Benzinger got called for a travel. For some unknown reason the officials allowed him to walk around to each official complaining and delayed the game for about 2-3 minutes. Killed all the momentum the Norse had.

 

Oh and there is not a player I've ever seen in college basketball that I have a greater disdain for than that dude. He makes my blood boil. Played one hell of a game last night though.

 

McDonald's numbers show a much better game than he actually played. I don't think Garnett knew there was a game last night. Tate played well, Williams was decent, as was Holland. Tyler Sharpe was huge off the bench for NKU. Really starting to like his game.

 

The crowd was awesome. Student section was jammed packed and into the game the entire time. Tough break to get the loss in that environment.

 

Wright State probably wrapped up the conference with the win IMO. Already have road wins over the only other two teams in the conference that have a shot in NKU and Oakland. The big freshman is a load. He had his way with McDonald and Williams all night down low.

Was a great atmosphere at the game. Unfortunately I chose seats in the Wright State section, being an Nku alum it made the experience a little less than desired. Overall that game was great. Free pizza at domino's even though they lost correct?

Was a great atmosphere at the game. Unfortunately I chose seats in the Wright State section, being an Nku alum it made the experience a little less than desired. Overall that game was great. Free pizza at domino's even though they lost correct?

 

Yes. Free pizza with your ticket thanks to the last second triple Holland hit.

ESPN has the attendance at 4,973. I'm gonna go ahead and dispute that. I think there was quite a bit more than that there.

  • Author
Tyler Sharpe was huge off the bench for NKU. Really starting to like his game.

 

I like him too. Really nice stroke.

  • Author
ESPN has the attendance at 4,973. I'm gonna go ahead and dispute that. I think there was quite a bit more than that there.

 

Yeah, I thought they for sure had over 5K. Wasn't a doubt in my mind.

Game changed when the Norse were up 5 in the second half and Benzinger got called for a travel. For some unknown reason the officials allowed him to walk around to each official complaining and delayed the game for about 2-3 minutes. Killed all the momentum the Norse had.

 

.

 

I don't recall this. NKU was up 62-57 on a put back and then I think WSU immediately scored on a drive to the basket. Only time I remember NKU up by 5 and I don't recall a travel.

I don't recall this. NKU was up 62-57 on a put back and then I think WSU immediately scored on a drive to the basket. Only time I remember NKU up by 5 and I don't recall a travel.

 

It was 64-59, so right after that. Benzinger dove for a loose ball, landed on it and slid across the floor. Ref properly called a travel. He stood there and cried about it with each of the three refs for a good 2 minutes.

Game changed when the Norse were up 5 in the second half and Benzinger got called for a travel. For some unknown reason the officials allowed him to walk around to each official complaining and delayed the game for about 2-3 minutes. Killed all the momentum the Norse had.

 

Oh and there is not a player I've ever seen in college basketball that I have a greater disdain for than that dude. He makes my blood boil. Played one hell of a game last night though.

 

McDonald's numbers show a much better game than he actually played. I don't think Garnett knew there was a game last night. Tate played well, Williams was decent, as was Holland. Tyler Sharpe was huge off the bench for NKU. Really starting to like his game.

 

The crowd was awesome. Student section was jammed packed and into the game the entire time. Tough break to get the loss in that environment.

 

Wright State probably wrapped up the conference with the win IMO. Already have road wins over the only other two teams in the conference that have a shot in NKU and Oakland. The big freshman is a load. He had his way with McDonald and Williams all night down low.

You crawled inside my brain to make this post. Garnett has become one of my favorite players on the team. Dude is grinder. He was not there last night. Agree completely on Drew, too. His stat line doesn't show it, but he was MIA last night. Missed more open shots than I've ever seen him miss and was a complete disaster on defense.

 

Benzinger is a word I can't use on here. I have never seen such a whiner and a baby in my life, and why the refs pandered to him all night I will never understand. I don't really have a dislike for any team or player in all of sports. That guy is a complete millennial spoiled baby. Multiple times through the game the refs stopped to explain to WS players why they called certain things. I've never seen anything like it.

 

Big freshman is a load, and I'm not sure how he didn't end up somewhere bigger than Wright State.

ESPN has the attendance at 4,973. I'm gonna go ahead and dispute that. I think there was quite a bit more than that there.

The lower bowl sold out. And there were a considerable amount of folks up top.

It was 64-59, so right after that. Benzinger dove for a loose ball, landed on it and slid across the floor. Ref properly called a travel. He stood there and cried about it with each of the three refs for a good 2 minutes.

They stopped the game and sat there and discussed it with him, agreed, at least a minute, maybe 2. As I stated above I have never seen anything like that. Couple minutes later, #11, who has never committed a foul in his life, they did the same thing. Stopped the game to go explain why they called a foul on him.

The lower bowl sold out. And there were a considerable amount of folks up top.

 

That's what I was thinking. I'd imagine the lower bowl holds 5K by itself. No way that number is accurate, unless it doesn't include students.

They stopped the game and sat there and discussed it with him, agreed, at least a minute, maybe 2. As I stated above I have never seen anything like that. Couple minutes later, #11, who has never committed a foul in his life, they did the same thing. Stopped the game to go explain why they called a foul on him.

 

Way I've always seen it in the college game, you talk more than a passing comment to a ref about a call, you either get told to shut up or get a T. He was basically holding court.

Way I've always seen it in the college game, you talk more than a passing comment to a ref about a call, you either get told to shut up or get a T. He was basically holding court.

 

I found the play. It was 60-57 at the time. The only way they got a travel on that play is by saying he was airborne when he secured the ball and then took it to the ground. You're allowed to slide with the ball.

 

Regardless, the delay was because they had the girl come out and wipe the floor. During that time Benzinger and the officials were talking about the play. The delay was because of the floor being wet. Entire thing lasted about 40 seconds. I don't think it impacted the game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.