CFP Rankings 11/7

GrantNKY

I think no chance unless teams end up with 3 losses. It's not just that osu has lost. They have basically been blown out in two nationally televised games. One of them being to a team who wouldn't even be in the top 25 if they didn't destroy osu.

Maybe if it was computers maybe there would be a path. With it being humans seeing those beat downs. No way could they justify osu as being a top 4 team.

In no way shape or form do I think OSU could do enough to prove they are one of the 4 best teams in the country. I think other teams could do enough to prove they aren't. OSU is just so inconsistent it's ridiculous. They could win a NC this year and I would still say they probably didn't deserve this, but I'll take it anyways. I see a path if certain, realistic things happen, but I could also very easily see OSU losing to MSU and Michigan. If I'm being honest my heart is telling me to root like hell for chaos to happen, but my head is telling me I want nothing to do with the playoff this year. No team who loses to Iowa by 1 point, much less 31 points deserves to have the right to play for a NC.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing helping Notre Dame out in that scenario is they would own two wins over 2 of the other best teams in the conference Clemson won. They would also have a win over the possible Pac 10 champ. Also maybe a win over a big 10 championship game team in Msu.

Best case scenario for ND is to beat Miami this week and then Miami beat Clemson. If they do that I would think it make it impossible for the committee to leave ND out. It would also help for TCU to win this Saturday.

Darnold's playing better. If he plays at a high level USC can beat any team in the country.

Sam is playing better, especially when Tee doesn't call a sprintout pass on the goalline, which cuts the field in half, as happened on their first series of the game against Arizona, which Sam forced in and was picked off. However, they are getting healthier. When they played Notre Dame, they had 11 starters out. Still got their heads handed to them, but, you like to be as healthy as possible.

Sam is playing better, especially when Tee doesn't call a sprintout pass on the goalline, which cuts the field in half, as happened on their first series of the game against Arizona, which Sam forced in and was picked off. However, they are getting healthier. When they played Notre Dame, they had 11 starters out. Still got their heads handed to them, but, you like to be as healthy as possible.

ND is probably just a little bit better team than USC when both are healthy. It certainly isn't a blow out.

Darnold's playing better. If he plays at a high level USC can beat any team in the country.

No they can't...lol. USC is a decent team. Darnold is a great talent but he's not a great QB. They have speed and they look good on the field, not to mention the cheerleaders, but they should not be included in this playoff this year.

No they can't...lol. USC is a decent team. Darnold is a great talent but he's not a great QB. They have speed and they look good on the field, not to mention the cheerleaders, but they should not be included in this playoff this year.

That's not what I'm saying. I don't think USC should be in the playoffs either. But much like how I can see a path if chaos occurs for OSU I think USC has that same path. USC has the talent and the QB to beat anyone in the country. Much like OSU they are just extremely inconsistent and you never know which team is going to show up on any given Saturday. But with that roster and that QB I feel USC could beat any team in the country.

I called it a long time ago.

Sep 4, 17, 05:07 PM #26

Premium Member

Feb 11

mnts

Don't sleep on Georgia

Well after saying it every year for over a decade it's about time Georgia lives up to expectations...