CFP Rankings 11/7

GrantNKY

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very unlikely, but what happens in the B1G East if Ohio State beats Michigan State this weekend, and both Michigan and Penn State win out? All 4 teams would end up 7-2 in conference play. Who would play Wisconsin in the title game?
I honestly have no idea.

Here's another to consider.....Georgia (or Alabama), Notre Dame, Clemson, and Oklahoma all win out. Wisconsin finishes undefeated. Do the Badgers get left out at 13-0? If not, which of the other 4 get the shaft?
I firmly believe Wisconsin gets left out. If they did knock a team out I think it would Notre Dame.

Here's another to consider.....Georgia (or Alabama), Notre Dame, Clemson, and Oklahoma all win out. Wisconsin finishes undefeated. Do the Badgers get left out at 13-0? If not, which of the other 4 get the shaft?

Under that scenario 538 predicts that Wisconsin gets in and Notre Dame is left on the outside looking in.

If these teams all win out, here are the % chance they make the playoffs.

Alabama >99%

Clemson 87%

Wisconsin 83%

Oklahoma 78%

Notre Dame 26%

Wisconsin needs all kinds of help to get in. USC is not getting in and they shouldn't. UW is the PAC 12's only hope. If ND wins out there is no way they will get left out, the committee would have to travel around with armed bodyguards.

Wisconsin doesn't need that much help, but they do need it for sure. But the committee is screwed no matter what if they replace ND with Wisconsin and if they don't.

You're hanging your hat on the fact that they beat a horrible Maryland team 38-13 compared to Wisconsin trouncing them 38-10? Really?

Just using what the committee uses: common opponent. I don't like UCF one bit, but I hope when they go undefeated and win the Peach Bowl they go and hang a national championship banner and dare the NCAA to make them take it down.

Wisconsin has beaten 2 teams with winning records: FAU and Northwestern.

Just using what the committee uses: common opponent. I don't like UCF one bit, but I hope when they go undefeated and win the Peach Bowl they go and hang a national championship banner and dare the NCAA to make them take it down.

Wisconsin has beaten 2 teams with winning records: FAU and Northwestern.

Fair enough, but at season's end, assuming they're both undefeated, who do you think deserves it more? An unbiased look says it's no question Wisconsin.

Where they're ranked right now really is irrelevant because come season's end everything will shake out.

Fair enough, but at season's end, assuming they're both undefeated, who do you think deserves it more? An unbiased look says it's no question Wisconsin.

Where they're ranked right now really is irrelevant because come season's end everything will shake out.

If Wisconsin wins out they will have wins over Iowa, Michigan, and OSU/ PSU/ MSU. All 5 teams better than anyone UCF has played or will play. It's no debate.

Wisconsin doesn't need that much help, but they do need it for sure. But the committee is screwed no matter what if they replace ND with Wisconsin and if they don't.

The SEC is in, so they need Clemson to lose, The BIG 12 is in, and they need ND to lose. Even a two loss Auburn would probably get in over Wisky. OSU and PSU did them no favors last weekend