Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer Co. 68 North Oldham 7

Featured Replies

Mercer ran less than 30 offensive plays. 8 of them went for TD's.:eek:

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the University of Mercer. They thumped a team with one Senior. They should have won big. I'm pretty sure if you combine North Oldham and South Oldham then you wouldn't be scoring 8 TD's in 30 plays! Not all schools have the luxery of being combined with the other school in their county and playing down vs a program that is still going from crawling to walking.

Mercer has done a great job at getting the kids to gel from two schools but they are playing at a HUGE advantage this year. North Oldham has been through about 5 coaches in 4 years. Give Coach Martin time. He will build a solid program there.

Congrats to the University of Mercer. They thumped a team with one Senior. They should have won big. I'm pretty sure if you combine North Oldham and South Oldham then you wouldn't be scoring 8 TD's in 30 plays! Not all schools have the luxery of being combined with the other school in their county and playing down vs a program that is still going from crawling to walking.

Mercer has done a great job at getting the kids to gel from two schools but they are playing at a HUGE advantage this year. North Oldham has been through about 5 coaches in 4 years. Give Coach Martin time. He will build a solid program there.

 

 

I love the University of Mercer. Instead of MCHS it is UM now. Why not? Might as well make the best of it. Well Mercer thumped them by a very similar score last year before they were a University. Mercer pulled the starters at halftime. The four interceptions and the punt return for a Td had a little to do with the 68 points.

I like that title too:lol: Not mine, I copied it. Like I said 5 coaches in 4 years has taken it's tole on the North program. I would like to see what kind of team North, South, Oldham and soon to be East Oldham could put together. That would give them a male enrollment comparable to X+T:lol:

I like that title too:lol: Not mine, I copied it. Like I said 5 coaches in 4 years has taken it's tole on the North program. I would like to see what kind of team North, South, Oldham and soon to be East Oldham could put together. That would give them a male enrollment comparable to X+T:lol:[/quote

 

I would figure that their is talent in that school system. Is not all the athletes coming to play football?

  • Author
Congrats to the University of Mercer. They thumped a team with one Senior. They should have won big. I'm pretty sure if you combine North Oldham and South Oldham then you wouldn't be scoring 8 TD's in 30 plays! Not all schools have the luxery of being combined with the other school in their county and playing down vs a program that is still going from crawling to walking.

Mercer has done a great job at getting the kids to gel from two schools but they are playing at a HUGE advantage this year. North Oldham has been through about 5 coaches in 4 years. Give Coach Martin time. He will build a solid program there.

Cool your jets.

You're on the tail end of the merge bash bandwagon and it is just tired by now. But maybe you have a point, without the merge, this would have been a real squeaker.:rolleyes:

Good luck to North Oldham, and BOTH of the first ever 4 yr. seniors on their team. You deserve to win a few this year.

Cool your jets.

You're on the tail end of the merge bash bandwagon and it is just tired by now. But maybe you have a point, without the merge, this would have been a real squeaker.:rolleyes:

Good luck to North Oldham, and BOTH of the first ever 4 yr. seniors on their team. You deserve to win a few this year.

I'm just not big on a school that has consolidated that should be playing up coming on the net to gloat about beating a bunch of kids that have gone through the turmoil that the kids at North have had to go through. I guess when you aren't used to a lot of major success it is hard for some to be humble. You should learn a lesson of class from your neighbors in Danville. Programs like that are used to winning and show class doing it. To each his own I suppose. I think you probably represent the minority in Mercer Co.

I like that title too:lol: Not mine, I copied it. Like I said 5 coaches in 4 years has taken it's tole on the North program. I would like to see what kind of team North, South, Oldham and soon to be East Oldham could put together. That would give them a male enrollment comparable to X+T:lol:[/quote

 

I would figure that their is talent in that school system. Is not all the athletes coming to play football?

It's a combination of a lot of bad administrative moves in the past and soccer is HUGE there. The kids that are Jr's there have been starting since they were freshmen. Unfortunatly there have been so many kids run off in the past that the kids that are there fighting to start a tradition have had to take a lot of licks. There is only 1 SR playing because all the others were run of from past experiences. I hate it for the kids that have stuck around and sacrificed so much trying to keep a positive attitude. I think Coach Martin will do a good job there. He should have been the first coach hired the first year instead of the 5th in 4 years.

The administraion also made a lot of false promises. There was supposed to be a football field built about 3 years ago. That was part of the ploy to get the kids to come back to school there when it opened. They are still playing on the old practice field and have to share it at that! There has been about 3 Principals in 4 years too. Hopefully all of that is starting to get worked out. It's a great community with great support but there have been some big mistakes that the kids have had to pay for.

I think things are moving in the right direction now though or at least I hope.

I'm just not big on a school that has consolidated that should be playing up coming on the net to gloat about beating a bunch of kids that have gone through the turmoil that the kids at North have had to go through. I guess when you aren't used to a lot of major success it is hard for some to be humble. You should learn a lesson of class from your neighbors in Danville. Programs like that are used to winning and show class doing it. To each his own I suppose. I think you probably represent the minority in Mercer Co.

 

Theres always soccer, you guys have a very good soccer team.

Congrats to the University of Mercer. They thumped a team with one Senior. They should have won big. I'm pretty sure if you combine North Oldham and South Oldham then you wouldn't be scoring 8 TD's in 30 plays! Not all schools have the luxery of being combined with the other school in their county and playing down vs a program that is still going from crawling to walking.

Mercer has done a great job at getting the kids to gel from two schools but they are playing at a HUGE advantage this year. North Oldham has been through about 5 coaches in 4 years. Give Coach Martin time. He will build a solid program there.

 

Why don't you tell them how you really feel:D :p

 

Can't fault the kids on this one. But the posters should recognize the advantage Mercer has and show a little restraint with there enthusiasm. Good for them on having a great year, but it's like Trinity dropping to 2A and jumping up and down screaming look at us, we're crushing these tiny schools.

 

Good win for the Titans. Go get your title this year and join the big schools next year, it could be awhile before you get another chance.

Keep on keepin on Titans. One game at a time.

  • Author
I'm just not big on a school that has consolidated that should be playing up coming on the net to gloat about beating a bunch of kids that have gone through the turmoil that the kids at North have had to go through. I guess when you aren't used to a lot of major success it is hard for some to be humble. You should learn a lesson of class from your neighbors in Danville. Programs like that are used to winning and show class doing it. To each his own I suppose. I think you probably represent the minority in Mercer Co.

You misinterpreted...there certainly is no gloating about beating North Oldham. I think everyone realizes what a challenge it is for class kids and good coaches to start up a program. Just pointing out an interesting fact, and updating the fans that couldn't drive up. (One of the neat things about this site......):thumb:

The problem arises when Mercer threads are hijacked to beat on the dead horse of the merge and not being moved up in class. Here's a newsflash....Mercer is playing where they are assigned to play. Period. You don't like it......they don't care. But you don't get the right to tell Mercer fans not to be excited about their season, or post about it.

You, like many others just have a problem with the merge. And I, like many others could care less what your feelings are about it. :p

  • Author

I didn't have a program.....what grade is the QB for North Oldham? He throws a very nice ball, and his TD was put in the perfect spot in the corner of the endzone.

You misinterpreted...there certainly is no gloating about beating North Oldham. I think everyone realizes what a challenge it is for class kids and good coaches to start up a program. Just pointing out an interesting fact, and updating the fans that couldn't drive up. (One of the neat things about this site......):thumb:

The problem arises when Mercer threads are hijacked to beat on the dead horse of the merge and not being moved up in class. Here's a newsflash....Mercer is playing where they are assigned to play. Period. You don't like it......they don't care. But you don't get the right to tell Mercer fans not to be excited about their season, or post about it.

You, like many others just have a problem with the merge. And I, like many others could care less what your feelings are about it. :p

 

I agree, Mercer is playing the hand they were dealt and there's nothing that can be done about that.

 

 

One day after school, a sophomore beats up a 4th grader, goes to school the next day and braggs about his big achievement.:fight: :rolleyes:

Why don't you tell them how you really feel:D :p

 

Can't fault the kids on this one. But the posters should recognize the advantage Mercer has and show a little restraint with there enthusiasm. Good for them on having a great year, but it's like Trinity dropping to 2A and jumping up and down screaming look at us, we're crushing these tiny schools.

 

Good win for the Titans. Go get your title this year and join the big schools next year, it could be awhile before you get another chance.

I know of a couple tiny schools who may stand in Mercer's way....:D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.