Covington Catholic moves to #1 in the Cantrall ratings

Theoldguy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured this thread title would "excite response" from the Shamrock faithful. For what it's worth. I think Trinity would beat the blueboys by 5+ scores.

The better ? is can cchs win a 5A title this season? I'm sure South Oldham, South Warren, BG, and Christian County fans may present an argument or 5!

I don't think he is saying that...but I do notices anytime NKY has a competitive team they always say it's the best one and they could beat T....its the same song and dance every year....If I had to pick a hypothetical score I would say T 42 CCH 17

Now this is what I would call "fake news". Outside of one poster on here who thinks his team would beat everyone except the Steelers, I can't think of anyone past to present supporting a N. Ky. team who has made claims their team would beat Trinity. I would be surprised if the 2004 Dixie supporters of the team that actually beat Trinity even thought they would beat Trinity.

Side note ... the shocking thing about that Dixie win is it happened in the second round, and Dixie then lost the very next week in the playoffs to Boone County.

Guest T Rocks

"Fake news"lol just go back and read the Dixie/T posts....I could post some of them but it's just easier to look it up and read

No way Trinity beats CCH by 5 TDS. Anyone who says that hasn’t been watching this year

I cautiously agree. Cov Cath may have their best team in history this season. The out of state teams they have beaten are all solid Ohio and Indiana teams, yet the Colonels made short work of all of them. Then there is the in state portion of the Colonels schedul, where Ryle, Lex Cath, Cooper, Beechwood an Highlands all managed a combined total of 28 points versus Covington Catholic, the Colonels scored 235 points in those games.

While I do believe Trinity would beat Covington Catholic, it's not likely at all that it would be by 5 touchdowns. IMO, it would be much closer than most would expect and I really believe the Colonels would play Trinity slightly closer than Male did.