1A Game of the Week: 1A #4 Paintsville vs. 1A #5 Raceland

Bac2369

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

There offense seems to be lighting it up.

Playing good defense all year. I stated at the beginning of the season that this Paris team had a chance to be better then the 2015 hounds that lost in the regional finals to Paintsville. Home field advantage throughout the playoffs gives us a good chance with the stingy defense we've been playing. Only Achilles hill is our strength of schedule.

Playing good defense all year. I stated at the beginning of the season that this Paris team had a chance to be better then the 2015 hounds that lost in the regional finals to Paintsville. Home field advantage throughout the playoffs gives us a good chance with the stingy defense we've been playing. Only Achilles hill is our strength of schedule.

Good Defense against weak teams, doesn't mean they have a good defense. When they face a team like Raceland or Paintsville in the 2nd round there will be a world of difference. Paintsville has only had 92 points scored against them, Raceland 82 against way better quality opponents. Yet Paris fans don't understand that concept, and still they think they're the 80's hounds.

Good Defense against weak teams, doesn't mean they have a good defense. When they face a team like Raceland or Paintsville in the 2nd round there will be a world of difference. Paintsville has only had 92 points scored against them, Raceland 82 against way better quality opponents. Yet Paris fans don't understand that concept, and still they think they're the 80's hounds.

You are just a Paris hater in general you have always went against Paris no matter what. Anytime you say something I'm gonna have a response.

You are just a Paris hater in general you have always went against Paris no matter what. Anytime you say something I'm gonna have a response.

Fellas, we need to keep the conversation in this thread centered on Raceland and Paintsville. Let's save the Paris vs. Raceland/Paintsville talk for if and when that game happens. Thanks.

Fellas, we need to keep the conversation in this thread centered on Raceland and Paintsville. Let's save the Paris vs. Raceland/Paintsville talk for if and when that game happens. Thanks.

I agree. I started a thread for some

Smack talk so let's move it over there.

It was known early on that the defense would have to carry this team while the offense found it's own identity. While the defense has done as expected, the offense has failed to evolve and I'm not quite sure why that is.
As for the bolded, I don't know about this but I have heard that the Rams haven't ran a lot of sets / plays that they have out of their offense yet. "If" true, I think that it may be a good time to start. :idunno: :D

All the talk / predictions in the world mean absolutely nothing. These Raceland Players have to go out and Execute their game plan or it's a long, quiet bus ride back to Raceland late Friday night.

Oh yeah ....Raceland gets the win by 1 pt., in another snot knock'n classic between these two. Something like 22 - 21 .

Edited by oldrambler

As for the bolded, I don't know about this but I have heard that the Rams haven't ran a lot of sets / plays that they have out of their offense yet. "If" true, I think that it may be a good time to start. :idunno: :D

Seems like any time the offense is sputtering, that always comes up. Be it true or not, I am lost as to why anyone would keep something tucked in like that? Problem with it is, these are 16-18 year old kids. They need time to work kinks out. If it's week 8 or 9 and you haven't ran it against a true varsity program, odds are you aren't going to run it. So I don't see our offense changing much. Execution and predictably in the calls themselves need to though.