Belfry 35 Cabell Midland (WV) 14

theguru

I've seen Belfry, Boyle, and Corbin. Belfry is 7-10 points better than both.

Until it's proven different on the gridiron I'm still going with 1. Belfry 2. Boyle 3. Corbin. I think any of these three could win a state title if the breaks go their way. I feel like Boyle and Corbin are very close and Belfry a score or so better. But what do I know?

I think it very probable that Cabell would lose to all three of the top 3A KY teams.

Until it's proven different on the gridiron I'm still going with 1. Belfry 2. Boyle 3. Corbin. I think any of these three could win a state title if the breaks go their way. I feel like Boyle and Corbin are very close and Belfry a score or so better. But what do I know?

I think it very probable that Cabell would lose to all three of the top 3A KY teams.

Speaking in a world of hypothetical here but..

I think I would make Boyle a slight favorite against CM and Corbin a slight underdog.

Midland's big play ability and speed on offense would be a problem for Corbin. I think Boyle's Offense is a better matchup for Midland's Defense than Corbin as well.

I would put Huntington as a favorite against both Corbin and Boyle by a couple scores, FWIW.

One thing I do want to add that abundantly clear Friday night.

Camron Sizemore has deservedly earned the honor of being that guy that just carries his team when the odds are down and refuses to lose. At this point I have to say that Derek Wellman has became that guy for Belfry.

Wellman is a natural leader on and off the field. You hear about falling forward for an extra yard but Wellman takes it a step further. Even if he has two or three defenders on him he is falling forward an extra two yards.

I rewatched the game only paying attention to the offensive line play for Belfry. I love the way those guys play. They all come off the ball low and hard, and the best part is watching the guys on the back side going after linebackers or DBs, sometimes several yards downfield. Workhorses, all of them. It is the little things that all add up to greatness, and that offensive line unit does the little things right.

One thing I do want to add that abundantly clear Friday night.

Camron Sizemore has deservedly earned the honor of being that guy that just carries his team when the odds are down and refuses to lose. At this point I have to say that Derek Wellman has became that guy for Belfry.

Wellman is a natural leader on and off the field. You hear about falling forward for an extra yard but Wellman takes it a step further. Even if he has two or three defenders on him he is falling forward an extra two yards.

Sizemore and Wellman are leaders on the field, and everything you want in a football player. They are two of the reasons a Corbin/Belfry game will be worth the price of admission if it happens. Either of those guys can just put the team on their back and carry them when the going gets tough.