Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

12th Region Faviorte - 2007

Featured Replies

Coach Masten is a very good baseball coach. The people and administration at Lincoln need to realize that before a better opportunity is presented to him...

 

Part of me says they will be too late to realize this. Lincoln County made two really nice hires in Larry French (football) and Jeff Jackson (basketball). Of course at the first sign of trouble the Lincoln crowd was ready to get rid of the coaching staffs. Now that they are winning again, everyone is happy. Hopefully they won't push for Masten's job if the Patriots struggle this season with their young pitching...if they do, he might just walk away, leaving them right back where they started.

I like Mercer's chances. With a very very deep pitching staff and what should be a very fast and reliable defense they will be tough to handle again. If their hitting is on pace with everything else they are your team to beat.

Almost forgot.....bringing back Coach Shope will DEFINITELY be a major plus. He relates well with his kids, and is a proven winner.

McCreary Central, this year and normal 48th district site, is hosting regions this year. I'm hearing word that after several disappointing seasons that they'll be much improved.

I thought Chitwood was still the head coach.

Nope......check the MCHS website for coaching staffs. Shope is back as the head man. Not that it matters, he and Chitwood work well together. It is just nice to have Coach Shope back.

Mercer has to be amoung the favorites. They may have the best all around pitching staff.

 

Robertson (Junior) is their ace throws in low 90s.

Lewis (Senior) throws 87-89.

Ashford (Junior) throws 86-88.

Carey (Junior) pitched for Burgin in past.

 

They will need to replace Bottom's in the batting order. They are a veteran ball club. They should be starting 5 or 6 seniors and the rest will be juniors.

Were a lot of these kids on Mercer Co.'s Junior League State Championship team a few years ago?

I would think Danville is 1 and Mercer is 2 in the pitching rankings. But it is close.

Were a lot of these kids on Mercer Co.'s Junior League State Championship team a few years ago?

 

Yes all 4 were on that team.

A lot will have to do with how the teams draw in the region this year. Danville and Mercer may not meet until the finals and then you have a veteran Somerset team this year that could certainly figure in as well.

I didn't get to see many games last season so I can only go on what I know about the local teams. I was talking to Coach Grundy from Somerset and he said he was returning his entire starting lineup and top 7 pitchers from last season. Sounds like they'll be very experienced to say the least.

Yes all 4 were on that team.

There were more than just the four on that State Championship team.;)

There were more than just the four on that State Championship team.;)

 

Are there 8 or 9 from that team that are still there? I was trying to think back.

Are there 8 or 9 from that team that are still there? I was trying to think back.

Nine....I'm looking at the picture right now.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.