September 28, 20179 yr With the season coming to an end, who gets the hardware in each league? My picks: AL MVP: Jose Altuve AL CY Young: Corey Kluber AL ROY: Aaron Judge AL MOY: AJ Hinch NL MVP: Charlie Blackmon NL CY Young: Max Scherzer NL ROY: Cody Bellinger NL MOY: Dave Roberts
September 28, 20179 yr With the season coming to an end, who gets the hardware in each league? My picks: AL MVP: Jose Altuve AL CY Young: Corey Kluber AL ROY: Aaron Judge AL MOY: AJ Hinch NL MVP: Charlie Blackmon NL CY Young: Max Scherzer NL ROY: Cody Bellinger NL MOY: Dave Roberts I agree with everything but the managers. The Astros are doing exactly what was expected with that roster. If give the AL award to Paul Molitor for getting the Twins to the Wild Card. Same thing with Roberts and that loaded roster. I'd give the NL award to Torey Lovullo. But nothing wrong with giving them to Hinch and Roberts -- or even Francona or Girardi in the AL or Baker in the NL. He dealt with a lot of injuries this season and kept the Nationals rolling along.
September 28, 20179 yr Author I agree with everything but the managers. The Astros are doing exactly what was expected with that roster. If give the AL award to Paul Molitor for getting the Twins to the Wild Card. Same thing with Roberts and that loaded roster. I'd give the NL award to Torey Lovullo. But nothing wrong with giving them to Hinch and Roberts -- or even Francona or Girardi in the AL or Baker in the NL. He dealt with a lot of injuries this season and kept the Nationals rolling along. I thought about Molitor in the AL. Didn't think of Lovullo. Both are deserving. I really wanted to give the NL MVP award to Votto, because I think statistically he's had the best season, but unfortunately team success plays a factor and the Reds stink. :idunno:
September 28, 20179 yr I thought about Molitor in the AL. Didn't think of Lovullo. Both are deserving. I really wanted to give the NL MVP award to Votto, because I think statistically he's had the best season, but unfortunately team success plays a factor and the Reds stink. :idunno: I'd have zero problem with Votto as MVP.
September 28, 20179 yr Thru the first 4 months of the season, I didn't think Chris Sale could lose the Cy Young. But, the last two months Kluber has run right by him. So, it'll be interesting to see how many votes Sale still gets.
September 28, 20179 yr Author JD Martinez is another interesting candidate for NL MVP. He's only played 58 games in the NL, but when you look at his total season numbers, they're absurd.
September 28, 20179 yr I thought about Molitor in the AL. Didn't think of Lovullo. Both are deserving. I really wanted to give the NL MVP award to Votto, because I think statistically he's had the best season, but unfortunately team success plays a factor and the Reds stink. :idunno: Votto should and will be in the mix. That voting should be interesting.
September 28, 20179 yr I can't argue with any of @UKMustangFan's picks, but my vote would go to Craig Counsell for NL Manager. I think he's done a great job.
September 28, 20179 yr I agree with everything but the managers. The Astros are doing exactly what was expected with that roster. If give the AL award to Paul Molitor for getting the Twins to the Wild Card. Same thing with Roberts and that loaded roster. I'd give the NL award to Torey Lovullo. But nothing wrong with giving them to Hinch and Roberts -- or even Francona or Girardi in the AL or Baker in the NL. He dealt with a lot of injuries this season and kept the Nationals rolling along. I think Molitor wins it. They have really improved over last year.
September 28, 20179 yr Should be the Cincinnati Redleg viewers for having watched this patchwork pitching staff all year! :sarcastic:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.