1A Game of the Week: 1A # 1 Beechwood vs. 3A # 1 Corbin

Bac2369

Who wins?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I expect Beechwood to hang in there for a half, maybe even 3 quarters, but, then Corbins size and depth takes control of the game. I think a 31-14 final with the Hounds scoring a couple of 4th quarter TDs to pull away..

I expect that Beechwood will have more size than Corbin, although Corbin does play a lot of kids while pretty much 2 platooning. One of Corbin's offensive lineman, just switched positions a couple of weeks ago, started out the season as a LB & receiver. I doubt if they have more than 2 players that start on defense that weigh over 200 lbs.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a Belfry grad and diehard spoiled fan, (4 in a row tends to spoil you), I hate to admit it but I think Corbin is as good as advertised although I think they had a little zebra help on that last drive. They did convert when they had to. Sizemore has to be one of the top QB's in the state and if Beechwood can't contain him it's gonna be a long night for the Tigers.

Corbin 28-Beechwood 14

Well with all the negativity towards Beechwood why do we even play the game let's just see what happens when the game's over

I don't consider these posts negative to Beechwood. Beechwood is definitely the underdog in this game. People are just sharing opinions.

From what I have seen on film, I believe the Tigers can win this game. It depends on how the matchups play out on the field. Film often doesn't show strength and speed. It is relative to the teams they are playing on the film. We won't know how the matchups will play out till they get on the field.

I don't consider these posts negative to Beechwood. Beechwood is definitely the underdog in this game. People are just sharing opinions.

From what I have seen on film, I believe the Tigers can win this game. It depends on how the matchups play out on the field. Film often doesn't show strength and speed. It is relative to the teams they are playing on the film. We won't know how the matchups will play out till they get on the field.

I've actually watched Corbin twice on tv and they are small in my opinion but they are quick to the ball on making plays. Offense has gotten better over the past few weeks and at least except 1-2 trick plays a game.

Not knocking Beechwood at all with my post about our D. The Tigers are respected throughout KY as a perineal power in 1A. My hounds are just trying to get back to that level and I know this bunch has more talent than I have seen since Corbin's glory days. It's a special group and Coach Haddix is about to get them firing on all cylinders on offense, our defense has been the show to this point.