Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A # 6 Raceland vs. 4A # 9 Greenup County

Who wins? 24 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Raceland
      37%
    • Greenup County
      62%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins this cross town rivalry? Raceland won the game last year. Both teams come in with a record of 2-1. Raceland beat West Carter in week 2 while Greenup County lost to 3A Fleming County.

Greenup wins probably a very close game

I think this will be a GREAT game. Having seen both against Fleming, I think it is a toss up. Greenup is tough against the run and short passing game. Fleming hit them with a couple of long balls (not sure that is Raceland's game this year). Offensively, Greenup is pretty balanced. They have a tough running game and their Qb is solid.

This will be a hard fought close game but I think the Rams will come out on top. After beating Russell, I thought Greenup was ready to take a big step forward. Losing to Fleming, though, tells me they're not mentally there yet. It takes a while to build that winning mentality where you expect to win and the Rams have it. That's the only difference in this one.

Totally agree. Greenup was not mentally prepared for Fleming. That and the short rest was a factor as well. Their DB's looked sloppy and the Qb was out of sorts but I believe it was a good learning experience for a young team and they should look different this coming Friday against Raceland. The long ball threat wont be as big of a factor in this game and greenup looks solid on Run Defense. The Halstead kid has produced 90-100+ yd games in every outing and The receiver group for GC is well balanced and the Qb completion percentage is well above the average for this area. The transfer kid from Boyd County to Raceland has proven himself to be a major asset on both sides of the ball (Dalton?). It'll be a close game .... wouldnt bet the bank on either side. Should be a great atmosphere with a great turnout.

I believe that they have named this county rivalry the "Iron Bowl". Bama / Auburn it's not :lol2:, but is a really heated series. I'll have to think more on this one and post more later, it's around 3am here now and I am missing the keys as I type ...

Could a Mod put up a poll on this one ? Thank yoi

Could a Mod put up a poll on this one ? Thank yoi

Done.

Totally agree. Greenup was not mentally prepared for Fleming. That and the short rest was a factor as well.

 

I'm not so sure about a "short rest" issue but I absolutely agree with the "not mentally prepared" statement. I use the term "trap game" ....meaning that GC was coming off an emotional win vs. a good Russell team @ Russell and looking to another county rival game w / Raceland. Fleming was the week in between two big rival games. Add the facts that I don't think that GC had ever beaten Russell at the Devils stadium, coupled with looking ahead to Raceland, who GC hasn't beat in a few years and you have a perfect setting for a loss in the "between" week. JMO

BTW ....Welcome to BGP Grid, I look forward to reading more good post like this one from you ....:thumb:

Done.

 

:thumb: Ram, I like you regardless of what all the others are saying about you :D.

I don't see this one being all that tight really. I think Greenup is riding high off of a pretty easy schedule so far. I think Raceland by at least a couple scores. I could be wrong and I'll eat my words and apologize I just dont see it.

Agree. Greenup by 2 TDs!

  • Author

This is a very interesting game... is it Friday yet?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.