Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jim Brown on NFL players protesting National Anthem

Featured Replies

Sums it up pretty good.

 

Pro Football Hall of Famer and Cleveland Browns legend Jim Brown panned current football players who choose to protest during the playing of the Star Spangled Banner, saying “I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem.”

 

Brown, who fought for social causes throughout his career, told ThePostGame.com he empathizes with jobless quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who began the trend of kneeling during the anthem last season when he played for the San Francisco 49ers. But Brown said Kaepernick and other players who demonstrate – such as a dozen Cleveland players who knelt Monday – are going about their crusade the wrong way.

 

“I’m going to give you the real deal: I’m an American,” Brown said. “I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem. I’m not gonna do anything against the flag and national anthem. I’m going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I’ll work out the problems, but I’ll do it in an intelligent manner.”

 

Kaepernick began to kneel in order to protest what he alleged was an increasing spate of police brutality against minorities. Brown said he wants to be in Kaepernick’s “corner” on the demonstration, but he suggested the act hadn’t been thought through.

 

“If you have a cause, I think you should organize it, present it in a manner where it's not only you standing or sitting on one knee, but a lot of people that is gonna get behind each other and do something about it,” Brown said. “If I ask you one question: Who is Colin calling on to follow what he's talking about?”

 

Brown also acknowledged players should try to honor the wishes of the team owners who are paying them millions of dollars.

 

“Colin has to make up his mind whether he's truly an activist or he's a football player,” Brown said. “Football is commercial. You have owners. You have fans. And you want to honor that if you're making that kind of money…”

 

Brown added: “You have to understand there's intelligence that's involved, OK? I can't be two things at once that contradict each other. If I sign for money, then the people I sign with, they have rules and regulations.”

Jim Brown criticizes Kaepernick-style protests: 'I don't desecrate my flag' | Fox News

  • Author

Jim Brown thinks a little different that Hammering Hank.

 

But I do disagree with what he thinks.

I think he’s getting a raw deal," Aaron said. "If you look at all the quarterbacks in the league right now, he is one, two, three, four. I don’t think anybody can do the things he could do.

I dont think he is a top 10 QB in the NFL. I think he is good, just not top 10.

Hank Aaron says he won't watch NFL because of how Colin Kaepernick was treated | Fox News

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

 

His right? Absolutely. Consequences? Certainly.

 

:deadhorse:

  • Author
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

 

His right? Absolutely. Consequences? Certainly.

 

:deadhorse:

 

Key word. Consequences.

The hypocrisy continues.

Sums it up pretty good.

 

Pro Football Hall of Famer and Cleveland Browns legend Jim Brown panned current football players who choose to protest during the playing of the Star Spangled Banner, saying “I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem.”

 

Brown, who fought for social causes throughout his career, told ThePostGame.com he empathizes with jobless quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who began the trend of kneeling during the anthem last season when he played for the San Francisco 49ers. But Brown said Kaepernick and other players who demonstrate – such as a dozen Cleveland players who knelt Monday – are going about their crusade the wrong way.

 

“I’m going to give you the real deal: I’m an American,” Brown said. “I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem. I’m not gonna do anything against the flag and national anthem. I’m going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I’ll work out the problems, but I’ll do it in an intelligent manner.”

 

Kaepernick began to kneel in order to protest what he alleged was an increasing spate of police brutality against minorities. Brown said he wants to be in Kaepernick’s “corner” on the demonstration, but he suggested the act hadn’t been thought through.

 

“If you have a cause, I think you should organize it, present it in a manner where it's not only you standing or sitting on one knee, but a lot of people that is gonna get behind each other and do something about it,” Brown said. “If I ask you one question: Who is Colin calling on to follow what he's talking about?”

 

Brown also acknowledged players should try to honor the wishes of the team owners who are paying them millions of dollars.

 

“Colin has to make up his mind whether he's truly an activist or he's a football player,” Brown said. “Football is commercial. You have owners. You have fans. And you want to honor that if you're making that kind of money…”

 

Brown added: “You have to understand there's intelligence that's involved, OK? I can't be two things at once that contradict each other. If I sign for money, then the people I sign with, they have rules and regulations.”

Jim Brown criticizes Kaepernick-style protests: 'I don't desecrate my flag' | Fox News

 

Love Jim Brown even more now than I did before!!!

  • Author
The hypocrisy continues.

 

I didn't say it, Jim Brown did. I even showed an opposing view from a guy just as famous.

I didn't say it, Jim Brown did. I even showed an opposing view from a guy just as famous.

 

You posted the thread. Until we start seeing threads about people who don't pay attention, chomp on their nachos, talk to other people during the anthem, I'll continue to ignore hypocritical takes.

  • Author
You posted the thread. Until we start seeing threads about people who don't pay attention, chomp on their nachos, talk to other people during the anthem, I'll continue to ignore hypocritical takes.

 

The guy chomping Nachos aint being paid millions either. The guy with his hat on isnt trying to get attention either.

 

Until some can speak for what is shown on the news then dont.

These players made it about themselves. The guy eating didnt.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.